What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with radio  (Read 2161 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Help with radio
« on: December 30, 2006, 12:11:26 pm »
I have the stereo on the side of the cabinet. I have opened the side of the hot tub several times installing different stuff. The problem is, the radio doesn't receive stations worth a crap! It has an antenna that goes who knows where under and around stuff. Can I add an amplifier or more antenna to get better reception? I'm thinkin that the motors are interfering.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 12:12:38 pm by galen »

Hot Tub Forum

Help with radio
« on: December 30, 2006, 12:11:26 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Help with radio
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 12:32:13 pm »
Assuming your have a car style stereo?  If so, then antenna should easily unplug, and you should be able to plug in a better one.  You might also try relocating the existing antenna if that is feasable.  Sometimes it's surprising how little you have to move an antenna to improve the reception.  
  Boosters might also be an option, but I don't have any actual experience with them.
Brewman

loosenupspas

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 02:01:17 pm »
most likely, look in side your spa cabinet and you can locate the antenna.  It should have sufficient cable coiled up so you can reposition the antenna outside the spas cabinet.  double your warranty just in case this activity might void it.  another thing to consider is just switch it out for another kind of antenna.  sometimes moving the antenna inside the cabinet can change the radio reception.......there is antenna jack in the back of your deck and radio shack has the pieces and parts to may it all better......

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:08:58 pm »
Just messing with the antenna on the radio shouldn't void the warranty on the spa.
Maybe on the radio, but even that's pushing it.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:08:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42