What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My tub is viewable on Google Earth  (Read 9873 times)

Bama

Re: My tub is viewable on Google Earth
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 10:33:17 pm »
About those pesky lights your neighbor has...

maybe,  Santa should have brought you a Red Rider BB gun!

Or, maybe not..."YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT"!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 10:33:17 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 10:32:44 am »
Santa knew better than to bring me tot toys. ;) although they ARE quieter than the toy I've got.....hmmmm
RIP C-Rod

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 11:03:15 am »
About those pesky lights your neighbor has...

maybe,  Santa should have brought you a Red Rider BB gun!

Or, maybe not..."YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT"!!!!!

I thought about it, but it would be too obvious where it came from.  This time of year we don't see our neighbors outside much. When I do, I'll ask him why he suddenly feels he has to leave it on all night.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 11:05:35 am »

This time of year we don't see our neighbors outside much. When I do, I'll ask him why he suddenly feels he has to leave it on all night.

Do you live next to Tom Bodett by chance?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bama

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 12:29:54 pm »

Do you live next to Tom Bodett by chance?

Now that is funny!
You have quick wit there spatech!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 02:15:16 pm »
I've also thought about installing some flood lights and pointing them directly at the neighbor's house  ;D

Brilliant!  I have two on my garage I can point right his way, i didn't think of that!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 04:06:14 pm »

Brilliant!  I have two on my garage I can point right his way, i didn't think of that!

I would definitely do that, but only after I spoke with them to give them a chance to take care of it. My advice (if I were asked  ;)) would be to avoid the passive aggressive approach and give communication a try.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 08:43:36 pm »
spatech, you wouldn't advise, then, something like launching dog turds at the offending light until it's coated (at 3am, of course), or....filling the space between storm door and main with leaves and grass clippings, then ringing the doorbell.....or calling the power company and imitating your neighbor, telling them (the power co) that they can KYA if they think you're going to pay their stinkin' bill, go ahead and CUT YOUR POWER! ?
So saying something to said neighbor is a better approach? Damn.  >:(
RIP C-Rod

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 07:39:38 am »

I would definitely do that, but only after I spoke with them to give them a chance to take care of it. My advice (if I were asked  ;)) would be to avoid the passive aggressive approach and give communication a try.

I've been waiting on catching him outside since we have been having warmer than normal weather. They tend not to answer their doors and if they have a phone, I don't know about it.  Last month they left the lights on in their car and I tried knocking on the door to tell them, but they wouldn't answer.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 07:46:49 am »
37 54' 54.43" N, 122 19' 12.94 W

Which house is  yours, the one with the driveway left of the house or the right?  Looks like the picture was taken with the sun low in the sky so the back yard is in shadows.  It looks like both may have a tub.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 09:02:20 am »
Dr. Spa I bet you have a great view of the Golden Gate?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 09:57:11 am »
I I've also thought about installing some flood lights and pointing them directly at the neighbor's house  ;D

15 million candlepower.

$89

available here: http://www.hammacher.com/

8-)
07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 10:24:11 am »
Driveway's on the left. The backyard is the north side of the house, so it's always shaded. The grass is half moss, and a row of ferns started growing along the edge of the deck. I have no idea where they came from.

The view's not bad, though it was a lot better 10 years ago when the eucalyptus tree down the street was 100' shorter.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 11:20:08 am »

I've been waiting on catching him outside since we have been having warmer than normal weather. They tend not to answer their doors and if they have a phone, I don't know about it.  Last month they left the lights on in their car and I tried knocking on the door to tell them, but they wouldn't answer.

I'd simply tape a note to their door. I would not want to get to the point where I did something and they came over and said "why didn't you try to talk to me first". If they still ignored a note on their door then I'd take the gloves off grab a BB gun.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 04:18:29 pm »

I'd simply tape a note to their door. I would not want to get to the point where I did something and they came over and said "why didn't you try to talk to me first". If they still ignored a note on their door then I'd take the gloves off grab a BB gun.

I'd buy them a X-Mas gift of a motion sensing device for instalation on there light.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 04:18:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42