What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2007 Cal Spa Warranty  (Read 7501 times)

Chris_H

2007 Cal Spa Warranty
« on: December 26, 2006, 02:57:34 pm »
Chris’ favorite spa company changed their 2007 warranty.

Anyone want to break it down for me and tell me all the holes in it?

http://www.calspas.com/manuals/downloads/2007/2007_06_01_manuals_Spa_Portable_US.pdf

The warranty is on page 60 and 61 of the attached website.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 02:59:24 pm by Chris_H »

Hot Tub Forum

2007 Cal Spa Warranty
« on: December 26, 2006, 02:57:34 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: 2007 Cal Spa Warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 05:34:52 pm »
To begin with it states it goes through the dealer.  That implies it is the dealers who bear the burden, not the manufacturer.

Next it states it is only good at the original delivery site.  You cannot relocate.

Read the owner's manual for further exclusions. :-X
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:29:30 pm »
You gotta love those guys.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:22:51 pm »
re: To begin with it states it goes through the dealer.  
That implies it is the dealers who bear the burden, not the manufacturer.

This is from the Hot Springs Warranty:

WARRANTY PERFORMANCE
To make a claim under this warranty, contact your dealer. In the event you are unable to obtain service from the dealer, please contact Watkins Manufacturing Corporation, 1280 Park Center Drive, Vista, California, 92081, Attn: Customer Service Department (800) 999-4688 or via email. You must give Watkins and/or your dealer written notice of any warranty claim, along with a copy of your original purchase receipt indicating the date of the purchase, within ten (10) days of the time you discover the claim. Watkins reserves the right to inspect the malfunction or defect on location.

Now can we also go over every other spa manufacture
2007 warranty with a suspicious "microscope every word"
......"they suck fine tooth comb"?

Oh wait a minute...everybody else is perfect and have 100%
satisfied customers with not a single warranty "issue".

God forgive me....I forgot!
::)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:31:59 pm by Zep »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:46:12 am »
re: To begin with it states it goes through the dealer.  
That implies it is the dealers who bear the burden, not the manufacturer.

WARRANTY PERFORMANCE
To make a claim under this warranty, contact your dealer. In the event you are unable to obtain service from the dealer, please contact Watkins Manufacturing Corporation, 1280 Park Center Drive, Vista, California, 92081, Attn: Customer Service Department (800) 999-4688 or via email. You must give Watkins and/or your dealer written notice of any warranty claim, along with a copy of your original purchase receipt indicating the date of the purchase, within ten (10) days of the time you discover the claim. Watkins reserves the right to inspect the malfunction or defect on location.

Now can we also go over every other spa manufacture
2007 warranty with a suspicious "microscope every word"
......"they suck fine tooth comb"?

Oh wait a minute...everybody else is perfect and have 100%
satisfied customers with not a single warranty "issue".

God forgive me....I forgot!
::)

From Cal spas warranty:

"...the factory authorized dealer is responisble for the performing all necessary repairs."

A subtle difference, but a difference.

However, I agree with Zep, any warranty can be taken apart; not just in the spa industry.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Pathfinder

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 12:48:43 am »
It appears someone has nothing better to do with their time then attack the Cal Spa Warranty

Not that theres anything wrong with that

Chris H are you being out sold buy Cal  it seems everytime a Cal thread  comes up you bring up the link to the warranty.

2 words   Broken Record   Give us something else besides hearsay & the link

Happy Holidays Everyone

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 02:45:46 am »
How about "damage caused by a known or unkown problem".  Crafty!  Really only allows wiggle room for an unsavory dealer.  But previous posts are right, most warranties can be picked apart if read closely.

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 09:33:19 am »
It appears someone has nothing better to do with their time then attack the Cal Spa Warranty

Not that theres anything wrong with that

Chris H are you being out sold buy Cal  it seems everytime a Cal thread  comes up you bring up the link to the warranty.

2 words   Broken Record   Give us something else besides hearsay & the link

Happy Holidays Everyone

I stopped trying to debate people on these forums awhile ago, but for the Cal warranty I will make a special exception.  I brought this "Broken Record" up because someone on a different forum said it was changing for 2007.  If it didn’t change, I would not have brought it up.  It certainly is not hearsay as it certainly did change.  If other manufacturers changed their warranty, I would do the same thing.  Cal is just the only one that did it for 2007.  It should also be noted, this is the 3rd different warranty for this manufacturer since 2004.  

Consumers come to this forum for important information about spas.  This manufacturer changing their warranty is important information for consumers to know and it should not be put at a discount as you are trying to do.

Cal, as one of the industry leaders with one of the industry’s best reputations, should be proud of their warranty and should have people that sell/service their spas explain the warranty to me and all the consumers on this forum.  If someone asked questions about specifics on the Jacuzzi, Hotspring, Sundance, Marquis, and Caldera warranty I think someone would respond about the specific changes.   You, as a Cal representative, should explain what changed as this is actually relevant information when purchasing a spa.  Why don’t you do that for us?  While you are at it, can you also explain why they have had 3 different warranties since 2004?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 11:39:15 am by Chris_H »

Zep

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 10:06:55 am »
"To begin with it (CalSpas) states it goes through the dealer" 

So what?..Wouldn't that be the standard in the industry across the board?

Who else would you contact first?

I would think any home office is going to ask the customer to first  "go through their dealer".

"To make a claim under this warranty, contact your dealer"[/i]

From Caldera Spa Warranty:
"To make a claim under this warranty, contact your dealer"

From Master Spas Warranty page:
"Your dealer offers prompt troubleshooting by phone or on-site warranty service by appointment"

At least Cal, HS, and some others proudly show their complete warranty details on their website...Several spa makers don't.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 11:30:22 am by Zep »

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 03:25:35 pm »
"[At least Cal, HS, and some others proudly show their complete warranty details on their website...Several spa makers don't.

Amen to that.  Try to find the warranty with some manufacturers and you might just find the holy grail along with it.

I personally don't think Cal is trying to get out of anything by stating you go through the dealer to obtain warranty help.  For mfgs with dealers, that is the norm.  Companies like Thermo have to go through a third party.   I'd rather go through my dealer myself.

The only thing I've heard - and I have no idea if this is accurate or not - is that Cal may void the warranty if you don't use a 6 guage grounding wire.  I think I heard that on this forum.  Maybe someone can fill us in if this is the case or not.  If it is the case, what is the big deal here?  I know it would cost more to do a 6ga grounding wire, but other than that, I don't see the problem.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Pathfinder

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 04:08:30 pm »
Most of the changes have come on components to the tub not the major parts like structure and labour.  As new product reliability increases like pump seals they have to add revisions to the warranty.  When products improve you have to improve with them.

Changes for 07 lots of cosmetic like skirting,lighting,waterfalls.
They have dropped a few tubs combined a couple of starter series. They dropped a whole series,   renamed the Victory series the VX line and it will have more options for price point tubs. There is no more unsightly CAL WOOD all synthetic  filters have changed to a thread-in style.  Im sure I missed some stuff but thats the jist of it.

Chris_H

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 04:18:34 pm »
Most of the changes have come on components to the tub not the major parts like structure and labour.  As new product reliability increases like pump seals they have to add revisions to the warranty.  When products improve you have to improve with them.

Changes for 07 lots of cosmetic like skirting,lighting,waterfalls.
They have dropped a few tubs combined a couple of starter series. They dropped a whole series,   renamed the Victory series the VX line and it will have more options for price point tubs. There is no more unsightly CAL WOOD all synthetic  filters have changed to a thread-in style.  Im sure I missed some stuff but thats the jist of it.

It appears Cal decreased the warranty on the heater for 2007.  It used to be a lifetime warranty on parts and labor, now it is just parts.  Should we assume the same thing as you said earlier about product reliability on the seals?  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 04:54:42 pm »

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 04:55:30 pm by WHY_NOT »

Zep

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 05:10:33 pm »
re: If other manufacturers changed their warranty, I would do the same thing.
Cal is just the only one that did it for 2007

Since you made the statement can you provide credible sources that there were not one single change in any other spa manufucture warranty for the new 2007 models?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 05:11:44 pm by Zep »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 06:37:47 pm »
I do not care what Cal Spas has written in their warranty, as it does not matter. Try to get reimbursement from them on a warranty is next to impossible.

I just tried to get a heater for a guy who has the so called life time heater warranty, guess what they told me no said it has to be chemical damage. I told them I find that odd seeing how the heater is not even in the water, they them hung up on me.

This only one story of many the same.

Cal Spas is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 06:37:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42