What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MPS available  (Read 2704 times)

Snowbird

• What did he say?
MPS available
« on: December 22, 2006, 09:10:59 am »
When we 1st got our spa, the dealer put us on an MPS regimen.  Of course, since MPS doesn't spoil and we are believers in buying in bulk, we bought several containers of MPS. And since we did it independently (gotta learn to communicate with the wifey a little better!) we ended up with 26 pounds of MPS - two 5 lb bottles of Activate from Doc and eight 2 lb bottles of Oxy-Spa MPS from The Spa Depot.  So what's the big deal?  Why not just use it up?

Well, my skin does not get along very well with MPS.  No problem at all with chlorine.  So I need to do something with the lifetime supply of MPS we are using as a door stop.  It would not be fair to Doc or Spa Depot to return the product since my skin problems are not their problem.  So if any of you are interested, make an offer.  I am in the Pittsburgh, PA area and maybe we can hook up.  Trading the MPS for Di-Chlor would be ideal.

The Oxy-Spa bottle says Potassium Peroxymonosulfate 42.8%
The Activate bottle says: Potassium Peroxymonosulfate 32.8%

Merry Christmas and Happy Wintertime Soaking
SB
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

MPS available
« on: December 22, 2006, 09:10:59 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: MPS available
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:48:26 am »
I am sure the Activate is buffered for spas.  How about the Oxy-Spa?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 06:36:24 am »
       Well, I can't find anything on the bottle about it being buffered.  It does say it is "non-chlorine shook for spas, hot tubs & pools", but that doesn't mean it is buffered.  If it is important, check the web site for details.  

http://www.spadepot.com

I didn't know the name of the business so when a friend wrote down the url for me, I wondered what a 'spade pot' was and why they would name their business like that.  He straightened me out after he had a good laugh.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 09:44:07 am »
I am sure the Activate is buffered for spas.  How about the Oxy-Spa?

Activate is buffered MPS...same product as LeisureTime Renew.  Oxy-Spa is non buffered MPS.  I prefer non buffered only because you use half the product.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 11:16:21 am »

Activate is buffered MPS...same product as LeisureTime Renew.  Oxy-Spa is non buffered MPS.  I prefer non buffered only because you use half the product.
So... how many pounds do you want?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 08:27:16 am »
So... how many pounds do you want?

I shock exclusively with MPS these days and do so only when needed, not every week.  Three pounds lasts me a long time. ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 08:27:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42