What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Fragrances ??  (Read 14724 times)

LINDALU

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Tub Fragrances ??
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:24:26 am »
While shopping recently, I spotted some hot tub fragrance additives.
Thought maybe "Fresh Gardenia" might be nice, but hubby said not for his side of the tub.
Our approach to water quality has been to put in only the minimum amount of chems. needed to keep our water clean and clear.
Has anyone tried fragrance additives, do they work, how long do they last, and what do they do to the water?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Fragrances ??
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:24:26 am »

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
Re: Hot Tub Fragrances ??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 01:03:43 pm »
Spa fragrances are not for me, however, you might want to head out one day with your husband and shop exclusively for a scent that the both of you can enjoy!! There are alot of choices out there. Part of the fun in shopping for the right fragrance for you and your family is the interaction with the different scents that are available!  Some will smell good to you and some will smell bad! But that is all part of the fun!! Should I go with a granular fragrance or should I go liquid, gel, powder or a slow dissolving solid? Those are the fun questions you and your family will be asking during your quest for the best spa fragrance! Different spa retailers will offer different and exciting ways to provide you and your family with aromatherapy. Good luck in your search! Let us know which one you pick! Remember, shopping for spa fragrances should be a positive one! So have fun with it!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:17:12 pm by grahamtasia »

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 01:15:54 pm »
We used a couple of sample packets that came with our tub and even though the claim not to increase foaming, I have noticed an increase of foam every time I have tried them.

JM2C,
Jr

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 01:16:54 pm »
Wow Graham, you really enjoy shopping for spa fragrances.   ;)

I heard they can cloud up the water and have avoided them. Any one use them and not have problems?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:18:35 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 01:21:53 pm »
As I stated earlier, spa fragrances are NOT for me. A consumer has alot of different choices out there! If you are using a liquid spa fragrance, I would only use a little bit(less than a capfull). I haven't heard any complaints of foaming and/or cloudiness with Spazazz granules.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:38:31 pm by grahamtasia »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:24:21 pm »
I'm joshing with ya, It's just you made it sound exciting! Fun! Discovering!  It's like you put shopping for spa and pool supllies right up there with a trip to disney.  ;) ;) ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:26:26 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

LINDALU

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 02:04:17 pm »
O.K. since Graham expanded on the fun of fragrance shopping will give the rest of the story, for what it's worth, which really isn't much.
Actually, we were both together when we stopped into the spa store. It was noon time and the lovely daughter of the owners tried to help us. They were at lunch.
She suggested the "Fresh Gardenia" as she thought it was nice.
My hubby who thought he saw an opening to put her on a little, asked if they had fragrance of Napalm (sp???).
He said something to the effect "Napalm in the morning smells like victory".
She obiviously had no idea what he was talking about, as she said that she would ask her folks when they got back from lunch if maybe they had it, or could order it.
After leaving the store I had to ask him what it was. He said, they used  to bomb with it in Veit Nam.
So I got to chuckle, as his joke to their daughter also bombed.
But, seriously thanks for the replies. We don't need more foam, so will just stick to what we've been doing. Maybe try a scented candle near our tub. :)

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 02:10:07 pm »
. . . Maybe try a scented candle near our tub. :)

If you live in a moderate climate, you could try planting some jasmine nearby - it's a nice climbing vine and smells particularly good at night :)

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 02:14:39 pm »
If used correctly, foam should not be an issue! Candles near the spa works well! Carefull not to get your wick wet! You and your husband might want to check out a few other brands. Granulated scents might be the way to go!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 02:21:50 pm »
My son picked up some Spazazz Sensuous Pina Colada for his Dad and me to try in the tub. I put a small amount in, as I am more sensitive to smells than my hubby, and it was nice for the first soak.
When we went in again, hubby decided we needed to REALLY experience the
"aromatherapy with anti-inflamatory and stress relief" so he just dumped the crystals in the tub...until he thought it smelled good! That was a few weeks ago and I can still detect the smell...especially when the air is on in the tub. We didn't experience foaming or anything negative.
It just kind of makes you crave a tropical beverage while you are soaking! ;) If you really want to try it, why not do it right before a water change? that way if you don't like it, no big deal you are going to dump and refill anyway!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 02:29:12 pm »
Bonibelle, great points! Alot of our customers have achieved total satisfaction from the aromatherapy offered by Spazazz! You might want to find an authorized Spazazz dealer in your area and check this out!! Its free for you and your husband to sniff it!

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 02:32:20 pm »
Bonibelle:
I think I would rather buy the real Pina Colada mix, add some Rum to it, and drink it. You could always take a whif from the glass. ;)

LINDALU

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 02:39:19 pm »
Orangepeel:
Hubby just saw your post, says he thinks your on the right track, but was wondering if 10 yr. old Jack Daniels might not be better :-?
Lindalu and hubby

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 02:45:35 pm »
They also offer other scents that might be what you are looking for, on there website!
http://www.spazazz.com/products.htm

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 02:46:45 pm »
No NO NO not in a Pina Colada...my choice would be Old St. Croix 151...a few of these and you won't know what fragrence you are smelling!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 02:46:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42