What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help on spa questions?  (Read 2546 times)

BigK75

Need help on spa questions?
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:14:11 pm »
Hey Guys:

I looking to buy a spa. I've narrowed it down to a Sundance Optima or a Beachcomber 578 (or possibly a 750). Most of the time it will be in my wife. On some occasions it will be two couples and on some three couples. The other point is I plan to move in a year or so. If I move and take the spa with me, is the warranty void? I almost decided to buy the beachcomber today but stopped before I pulled the trigger. I kind of glad I did since the 578 has only one pump. I am not sure if this is a problem or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Claude

Hot Tub Forum

Need help on spa questions?
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:14:11 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Need help on spa questions?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 09:23:45 pm »
You can move the tub with you and it will be covered under warranty.

Both tubs are about the same size and the only factor should be how much you like the tub. People who own both brands have a lot of good things to say about them.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 09:56:14 pm »
Not familiar with the Beachcomber, but if it only has one pump as you said then you're talking about a completely different class of tub than the Optima.  I would imagine the Optima would have significantly more power to the jets than the Beachcomber, as the Optima has two jet pumps (not to mention an air blower and a circ pump as well).

As far as entertaining, three couples in the Optima would be cozy but doable -- hope you're all friendly. :)   Don't know how big the Beachcomber is so I can't comment...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:56:32 pm by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 08:44:59 am »
Did you wet test each of these? What did you think?

Sundance is the name I am more familliar with and tend to lean towards them. They do have a rep for being a quality unit.   The Beachcombers, a few folks have them around here and also report being happy. Personaly the pumps in the steps just puts me off abit. Anyhow...

Of these three, I think the the 750 is more comparable to the Optima than the 580 (size, pumps, jets). However, their site didn't give too much informaion on beachcombers specs. Just generic fluffy descriptions.  Thermos seal? To me that implies a vacuum,(which I highly doubt, no data on pumps, no data on filtration  :P

I think the Optima is the better of these three tubs, and the one to beat,  of these,  the next, most comperable tub would be the 780.

I'd wet test. Have you gotten any price info yet?  Have you looked around at any others?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:21:55 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 05:12:05 pm »
If you like the 578 but want more power go with the 738 its an advanced version with 2 pumps more jets and the hush pump.  If your worried about pumps being under the steps you can order a Beachcomber BOP where everything is inside of the cabinet. The pricing wont be as good though as the LE Package is priced better.  The RFM system is alot better than the little footdome with bullet jets on an Optima.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 05:30:20 pm »
 Optima has 120 sq ft filtration,  Beach comber I believe = 50 sq ft in all ther spas no matter what size.

BigK75

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 05:42:11 pm »
Hey Guys:

Thanks for the help.  I am going to wet test the Optima tonight.  I will let you know what I thought.  

Claude

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 05:42:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42