What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Spas  (Read 8029 times)

Spa1960

Artesian Spas
« on: December 15, 2006, 08:20:50 pm »
Hi People,

I am new to this forum.  We have owned a ThermoSpa Hot tub for 9 years, the only issue was the heater.  No other problems or issues with it and we loved it.  We have recently moved and  I miss my hot tub.  I am thinkiing about a Artesain (Santa Cruz) , but I am concerned about "foamed" tubes.

I have noticed that most of the hot tubes are Full Foamed, and I am woundering about several issues:
Leaks - If they happen, how hard is it to find them and fix them?
Rodents - Field mice and other critters getting into the foam and nesting?
Full Faom compared to DeadAir Space - cost of operation?
Are there different types of foam  used in Full Foamed tubes?

I did post this  question in anther Hot Tub fourm, but the only replies I recieved were from the Administrator, but he also sells "Thermally Sealed" (DeadAir) Spas, so his insite might be slanted.  So, anyone that owns / has owned a Full Foamed Spa; I would like to hear form you.

Also, any information about Artesain Spas (Island Series, Santa Cruz) would be grat.  
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Spas
« on: December 15, 2006, 08:20:50 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Artesian Spas
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 09:28:04 pm »
You can do a search here and you will find it is an issue that is debated endlessly, full foam vs. thermal pane.

All I can say is the following major brands are full foam, using different techniques:
Hot Spring
Caldera
Jacuzzi
Sundance
Marquis
Artesian
D1

and many more.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:03:27 pm »

High-pressure spray units pack High-Density Thermo-FillTM Full Foam Insulation throughout the walls of your finely constructed CalSpas spa, securing all plumbing in place, and eliminating virtually all possibility of leaks.

Full insulation also provides added structural support and reduces motor noise. In addition, High-Density Thermo-FillTM Full Foam Insulation ensures there are no "dead air spaces" for heat to escape through. Your spa is insulated for maximum heat retention, lower operating costs, and energy efficiency.

http://www.calspas.com/hot_tubs/tour.htm

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 10:47:53 pm »

I did post this  question in anther Hot Tub fourm, but the only replies I recieved were from the Administrator, but he also sells "Thermally Sealed" (DeadAir) Spas, so his insite might be slanted.  So, anyone that owns / has owned a Full Foamed Spa; I would like to hear form you.

Gee- wonder who that might be ::)  
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 03:27:40 am »
Hi People,

Leaks - If they happen, how hard is it to find them and fix them?
Rodents - Field mice and other critters getting into the foam and nesting?
Full Faom compared to DeadAir Space - cost of operation?

Leaks: If the spa is well built this shouldn't be a concern. However, full foam can be more diffcult to fix (not much more if you're ever done it but yes, more) if the leak is not in the equipment compartment (where they aften are for a variety of reasons). However, the full foam peiople will also say the foam process makes leaks less apt to happen in teh first place. I wouldn't worry about this either way IF it's a quality spa.

Rodents: The rodents don't care if it's fully foamed or not. They are just looking for a gap to enter. Find a well built spa that is sealed against critters.

Cost of operation: Full foam will work very well at holding the heat in. A well built thermopane spa (dead air spa) will also. What you want to avoid is a poorly built thermopane that allows the air to escape.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 09:32:29 am »
I own an Artesian Island spa - it's a great spa IMO.

I've owned it for about a year and a half and have had no big issues with it.

A good spa is a good spa and as long as you don't buy junk (see Brewman's comment) then either will be good.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 02:54:48 pm »
looks like JA is on the prowel for a new customer

Spa1960

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 04:51:01 pm »
THANKS PEOPLE,

I got some good feeback, better than the other Hot Tub fourm, more "balanced".  Keep the comments comming, I will be making my decision soon.  Hope to hear from a few more people.

Thanks again :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 05:54:06 pm »
 Get the 30 jets dont waste money on the s/steel escutions unless they are throwing them in, get the circ pump option and the synthetic skirt,waterfall if offered is cool but not needed unless you want, colored lights can be bought on ebay for very little and will plug right in.  The Santa cruz is a very nice spa we sold alot when we were selling artesian.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 06:55:24 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 11:36:01 pm »
Get the 30 jets dont waste money on the s/steel escutions unless they are throwing them in, get the circ pump option and the synthetic skirt,waterfall if offered is cool but not needed unless you want, colored lights can be bought on ebay for very little and will plug right in.  The Santa cruz is a very nice spa we sold alot when we were selling artesian.

I can appreciate what is being said but as with anything it depends on what you like as far as looks and the want/need of bells and whistles.

In 2005 the Artesian Island series used grey jets and I guess with some colors it would be OK but sometimes the looks are what gives the tub some pizzaz (sp?). I have the SS rings and they sure do look nice - no other function but looks. I will also say that some people love the waterfall but I don't have one nor do I regret having not having it.

Everything else besides the upgraded ozone system I got with my tub but is a circ pump really needed? I would think not. With the circ pump you do get the "better" heater but it has less output.

The nice thing about this line is you can choose what options you want/need and customize it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 11:36:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42