What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi - 10 years or 50 years?  (Read 8748 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Jacuzzi - 10 years or 50 years?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 09:31:59 am »
The current Optima model may differ slightly from my 2003, but there should be some similarities.

Most of the jets on my spa have a stainless steel ring that controls the jet- from all the way open to fully closed, and anywhere in between.  In addition to that, the defined jet groups also have an air contol knob that can also be adjusted from fully closed, to fully open, and varying degrees in between.  
 The diverter valve also controls water flow between jet groups to fully open to fully closed and in between.

The air knobs are smaller than the diverter valves, and are located around the spa.  

Adding air to the jets makes a really big difference in the massage action.  No air is a gentler massage, adding air makes it more vigorus.  

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 09:31:59 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 09:39:51 am »
Here is an excerpt from my report on my visit to the State Fair of Texas the year before last:

Next up, Sundance.  They had a tiny booth with 3 spas.  I was looking at the Maxxus when the factory rep approached.  He didn't stop talking for the next 15 minutes.  It went something like this (abbreviated):

"You're an athlete aren't you?  (Pump me up) HotSpring, Jacuzzi, and Sundance are the only ones worth owning.  Jacuzzi is a Toyota, SD is a Lexus.  Sundance has won John Holcomb Award blah blah blah each of the last 3 years for jets.  Lactic acid buildup blah blah, nitrogen in surface of skin blah blah.  Do you own guns? (Who, ME?    )  Look at the rifling on this jet.  HotSpring uses 50% air 50% water mixture, SD uses 70-30% blah blah.  HotSpring makes your back feel like you've been laying on hot asphalt.  Our filtration blah blah, buy a new filter once a year for $100 blah blah.  Blah blah blah!

He was what I would call "polished".  WAAAYYYY to technically driven in presentation.  See, I like talking about this sort of thing, but he had me wanting to slit my wrists!  I guess his approach was to overwhelm me with info and when I was too weak to go on, take my money from me.  Thankfully, my cell phone rang and I had to go.

If the ratio of water to air mixture is a big selling point for Sundance, then all of you spa shoppers have my deepest sympathy for having been forced to listen to it. ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 01:52:05 pm »
I don't know about your 1968 date of jacuzzi "inventing" the first portable spa. It very well may be true.

According to Jacuzzis web site history, it says he "invented and marketed the first self-contained, fully integrated whirlpool bath in 1968". A whirlpool bath is NOT a self contained spa, but a jetted bath tub. You'll notice it's not till their bit on the 1970's that they mention adding heating and filtering, with their first "spa" being sold in 1970. Baja still beat them by 6 months.

Lets get our historical information correct. The first portable spa, available in the retail market, was made by Baja. The brand of portable, or self contained, spa, sold under the brand name of Jacuzzi, was 6 months later.

Was not aware of that I am going by whats plastered on the history wall I have from Jacuzzi.  All in all while I like the history and its a great story,I dont use it that much in my presentations.  Thanks for the history lesson,

I know that a whripool bath is NOT a spa, and if you read what I posted I said Roy Jacuzzi invented the first selfcontained whrilpool BATH not spa.

Either way I am done with this!! ::)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 02:02:57 pm »
Jacuzzi was building spas long before Sundance was a wet dream or anyone else for that matter.

I think this was the line that got Doc to respond with a clarification but you can relax, you obviously were trying to give info and weren't trying to put one over on anyone.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 02:04:31 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 08:27:21 pm »
Even at that Term, I have 20 year old Jacuzzi brochures that describe how Jacuzzi mixes the air and water at a 50/50 ratio, so your Sundance "factory rep" translation, road show sales person, is was full of shit, but then you already knew that, didn't you.  ;)

Here is an excerpt from my report on my visit to the State Fair of Texas the year before last:

Next up, Sundance.  They had a tiny booth with 3 spas.  I was looking at the Maxxus when the factory rep approached.  He didn't stop talking for the next 15 minutes.  It went something like this (abbreviated):

"You're an athlete aren't you?  (Pump me up) HotSpring, Jacuzzi, and Sundance are the only ones worth owning.  Jacuzzi is a Toyota, SD is a Lexus.  Sundance has won John Holcomb Award blah blah blah each of the last 3 years for jets.  Lactic acid buildup blah blah, nitrogen in surface of skin blah blah.  Do you own guns? (Who, ME?    )  Look at the rifling on this jet.  HotSpring uses 50% air 50% water mixture, SD uses 70-30% blah blah.  HotSpring makes your back feel like you've been laying on hot asphalt.  Our filtration blah blah, buy a new filter once a year for $100 blah blah.  Blah blah blah!

He was what I would call "polished".  WAAAYYYY to technically driven in presentation.  See, I like talking about this sort of thing, but he had me wanting to slit my wrists!  I guess his approach was to overwhelm me with info and when I was too weak to go on, take my money from me.  Thankfully, my cell phone rang and I had to go.

If the ratio of water to air mixture is a big selling point for Sundance, then all of you spa shoppers have my deepest sympathy for having been forced to listen to it. ;D

Terminator
;)
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 08:27:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42