What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I miss this forum!  (Read 6177 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
I miss this forum!
« on: December 12, 2006, 10:03:03 pm »
I've been gone for awhile and I can't wait to be a part of the forum again. For those of you who don't know me, I sell Coleman and Jacuzzi spas in North Dakota. I've spent countless hours on this site and I miss it.

I've been involved in another adventure this winter, it's corn burners :o Yes I sell corn burning stove and we've never been busier. I eat, drink, talk, live, and dream corn stoves the same way I used to about spas. It's good to work at a fireplace/ spa store in the winter in North Dakota.

Anyway I hope to be back in the land of the sane sometime before next spring. Term, Wisoki, Bill, and the rest of you keep the home fires burning (but burn corn) for me untill I can come back to the land of the beautiful.....lol

Spahappy :D

Hot Tub Forum

I miss this forum!
« on: December 12, 2006, 10:03:03 pm »

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: I miss this forum!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 10:37:27 pm »
Are you in Mandan?

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 07:05:42 am »
just chime in from time to time OK????

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:24:08 am »
Glad to hear from you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 07:41:20 am »
Corn burners? That's a new one. Is that with or without the kernels?

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 07:55:13 am »
what is a corn burner???  It sounds like popcorn makers.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 08:10:30 am »
Corn stoves are all the rage right now, and have been since the price of heating soared a few years ago.  Essentially a stove that burns dried corn for heat.

They are selling like crazy around here, too.  Some dealers are way backordered.

Someone asked if you were in Mandan.  

That's where my family hails from.  Many of my relatives still live in that area.

Brewman

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 08:14:37 am »
so is it like a fireplace???  And does the corn pop like popcorn, that would get annoying all the popping.  Does it have odour burn off?  and how much corn required to heat?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 09:21:28 am »
The one's I'm familiar with are freestanding stoves- I suppose there may be fireplace style ones and retro fits out there too, but I'm not so familiar with those, if they do exist.

They look just like any freestanding (franklin style?) woodburning stove.  But they burn corn- have hoppers to contain the corn, and automatically feed the corn to the fire.  Different styles.  Try Googling Corn Stoves or similar if you're really curious.

No more odor than any other stove- it's all vented per code, etc...
Dont' think they're particularly noisy.  Unless you perhaps fuel them with popcorn!

Don't have one myself, so I don't know about how much corn is needed.

Theses stoves are not inexpensive- can cost in excess of $2000 usd to get one installed.  But I think corn is relatively cheap as a heat source right now.  

That could change if the increasing production of ethanol starts pushing up the cost of corn.  Ethanol is really big in my area- E85 is increasingly available.  Who know what if any affect this would have on the cost of corn.
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 10:52:19 am »
I've been involved in another adventure this winter, it's corn burners :o Yes I sell corn burning stove and we've never been busier. I eat, drink, talk, live, and dream corn stoves the same way I used to about spas. It's good to work at a fireplace/ spa store in the winter in North Dakota.

Spahappy :D

Why haven't I seen you at the Whatsthebest-cornburnerstove.com web forum??

« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:59:56 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 11:17:28 am »
Pellet stoves were huge, but last year,  supply couldn't keep up with demand and pellet prices went up, and some folks had a very hard time finding them.  Since then, corn has gotten more popular.

Spahappy can corn be used in pellet stove?

If so, do you know the BTU/ratio usage compared to pellets? Currently I'm burning 4 tons, hardwood pellets @ $270/ton. Curious if corn is an option.  How messy is the corn? is there much ash and residue?
07 Caldera Geneva

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 12:22:15 pm »
Why haven't I seen you at the Whatsthebest-cornburnerstove.com web forum??

Because it's dominated by a guy from Colorado selling his own personal brand claiming they're the best. When he is just remarketing another brand, that are UL listed dispite what everyone else says. And he feels those So. Cal dog dish cornburners are crap.

FYI to some of you very serious people out there, this was an attempt at humor.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 12:27:06 pm »
yeah I heard about that guy, I heard the company is called crazy corn stoves.  He goes by various names Jimmy the corn man, Mr. Corn.  He owns the most superior units in the world.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 02:02:45 pm »
yeah I heard about that guy, I heard the company is called crazy corn stoves.  He goes by various names Jimmy the corn man, Mr. Corn.  He owns the most superior units in the world.

Yes I saw his ad  "iffin ya HAVEN tried corn ya HAVEN tried nuttin"
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 02:35:37 pm »
I'm with you Drew..I am getting too old for hauling wood. I thought of pellets but my wood stove is soapstone and I can't convert it...I am really interested in this corn stove. I am thinking it burns just corn cobs, could that be right?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 02:35:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42