What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie Here - Marquis Question  (Read 7130 times)

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
Re: Newbie Here - Marquis Question
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 11:43:11 pm »
I used my Dremel to grind the small tabs in the slot area pops right off after that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 11:43:11 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 12:38:58 am »
The only way I know 25# bromine buckets is sold is registered with the feds as a pool product, not a spa product.

Its all quite silly and unenforcable, but it is illegal to sell a registered pesticide for a use it is not intended for. :o
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 06:23:32 am »
The only way I know 25# bromine buckets is sold is registered with the feds as a pool product, not a spa product.

Its all quite silly and unenforcable, but it is illegal to sell a registered pesticide for a use it is not intended for. :o
Dan,

You're way off base! Are you at all familiar with bromine tablets?  :o  Pool and spa bromine is a sanitizer. I've never heard of it referred to as a pesticide. Who uses it as a pesticide?

I am using standard pool & spa brominating tablets. Before I purchased it, I checked the chemical composition against the label on the cartridge. It's the exact same stuff and has the exact same percentage of chemicals as was in the cartridge. Very simple - no rocket science going on here. Your basic sanitizer. Certainly nothing illegal.

I checked this morning and it shows right on the label, "for Pool and Spa use." And it was purchased at a national pool and spa company.

Phil
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:32:11 am by Phil_ »
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 07:33:50 am »
I used my Dremel to grind the small tabs in the slot area pops right off after that.
glastron,
Hey! Great idea! Now I know what Santa can bring me for Christmas!  :D
Thanks for sharing!

Phil
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:47:58 am by Phil_ »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 08:25:36 am »
Ace Hardware has dremel tools on sale, you only need a basic kit. the Dremel has tons of uses..you could even carve your name in your tub shell if you wanted  :o  Now I am going to try the Dremel  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 11:02:06 am »

Dan,

You're way off base! Are you at all familiar with bromine tablets?  :o  Pool and spa bromine is a sanitizer. I've never heard of it referred to as a pesticide. Who uses it as a pesticide?

I am using standard pool & spa brominating tablets. Before I purchased it, I checked the chemical composition against the label on the cartridge. It's the exact same stuff and has the exact same percentage of chemicals as was in the cartridge. Very simple - no rocket science going on here. Your basic sanitizer. Certainly nothing illegal.

I checked this morning and it shows right on the label, "for Pool and Spa use." And it was purchased at a national pool and spa company.

Phil

Techinally we are both correct.  Legally I am not off base.  Pool and spa sanitizers are considered pesticides by the Feds.  Even if they chemical composition is the same, the legality of use is based on the packaging.  If the bucket says the bromine tabs are for pools, then they are for pools only.  Since the packaging on yours says for pools and spas, then you are off the hook.

Check with the EPA or the bromine manufacturer to confirm.

Its all about the labelling..
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:06:08 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Matt Foley

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 12:16:28 pm »

That worked!

Now I have to find me some tablets.

Matt-
Now from what I hear, you're usng your paper not for writing but for rollin' doobies! You're gonna be doing alot of doobie rolling when you're living in a van down by the river!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 06:21:58 pm »
That worked!

Now I have to find me some tablets.
Matt,
Look at the bromine cartridge and write down the ingredients and the percentage of each ingredient. Go to the pool & spa supply or check online for a 1" tablet just like it.
I can tell you where I bought mine. They're a national chain. PM me if you're interested.

Phil

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 06:21:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42