What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub prices  (Read 5934 times)

tubs

Hot Tub prices
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:38:33 pm »
Hi ALL
I am looking at the Sundance line up and currently am deciding between the Bahia , and Optima in the Toronto area.  Can anyone suggest prices on these models that would constitue a GOOD deal.  The tub would include delivery, chemicals, lifter and ozone.  I am also considering the stereo.
Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub prices
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:38:33 pm »

tileman

Re: Hot Tub prices
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 06:34:30 pm »
Hi ALL
I am looking at the Sundance line up and currently am deciding between the Bahia , and Optima in the Toronto area.  Can anyone suggest prices on these models that would constitue a GOOD deal.  The tub would include delivery, chemicals, lifter and ozone.  I am also considering the stereo.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum tubs. You came to the right place if your serious about purchasing a spa. The people on this forum are very helpful and can assist with practically anything you need related to spas. Ok maybe even some other stuff too but we'll save that for another chat.

Your request for prices is quite hard to give as they tend to vary quite a bit from place to place. However if you give the canadian folks a little time they might be able to give you a better ballpark then me as I live in the midwest of the U.S. As far as constituting a good deal that is pretty much only relative to that specific buyer. I will however say that Sundance makes a very quality tub and both ones you mentioned are pretty popular models. Have you wet tested them and have you been shopping around? This is necessary so you know if that particular spa is comfortable to YOU and allows you to have something to compare it to. e.i.- jets hit you in the right places, seats are comfortable, and just get an overall feel of how things work on it. If you have already wet tested than I'm sorry for making you read those last couple of lines. :)

Tileman
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 06:43:54 pm by tileman »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 06:53:10 pm »
 Welcome :)  The Optima is light years above the Bahia as far as filtration,jets looks you name it. Prolly run a few thousand more also.

Around here Optima runs 9 to 11,000 U.S.   Bahia 6500.00 to 8,000.00 Just a guess as we are a Jacuzzi dealer.   BTW have you checked them out?? ;)

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 07:00:11 pm »
In May, I paid 7650 USD for an 06 Optima. The price included cover, lifter, step, ozone, chemicals and delivery and set up. Sales tax was extra.

We love it. Good luck to you.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 07:10:34 pm »
Wow, that's steal BK. Was it a floor model?

In May, I paid 7650 USD for an 06 Optima. The price included cover, lifter, step, ozone, chemicals and delivery and set up. Sales tax was extra.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tubs

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 07:35:22 pm »

Thanks BK,
I am being quoted about $9400 USD plus taxes for the same thing.  I wonder if that means I have some negotiating room or are the prices different based on the area.  I would have thought that the cost would be the same to all dealers.

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:43:17 pm »
It was special ordered for me and showed up at my house in the original wrapper.

I don't think they charge different prices for dealers but I could easily be wrong. I do know that tubs are often delivered to the dealer COD.

I think it means there is negotiating room. My guy is a high service, low overhead kind of dealer. Yours may need to get more to make it work for him.

I'm of the opinion that Optima tubs run around 6k wholesale. Based on what kind of deposit my guy needed and the fact that they are sold COD. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the margin is.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 09:11:07 pm »

Thanks BK,
I am being quoted about $9400 USD plus taxes for the same thing.  I wonder if that means I have some negotiating room or are the prices different based on the area.  I would have thought that the cost would be the same to all dealers.
We paid $9300 + ~$700 in tax for our similarly-equipped Optima so you're in the ballpark.  Some people paid less than $9k, and then there's BK's freakishly good price, but anything in the low $9k's seems about right from what I've read.
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

clover

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 10:08:27 pm »
I don't think they charge different prices for dealers but I could easily be wrong. I do know that tubs are often delivered to the dealer COD.

Different dealers pay different prices.  All spas are paid for on delivery, either COD, or Financing.  Dealers negotiate pricing with the manufacturer based on projected volumn and exclusivity.

Nevertheless, the Optima is sold predictably in the low 9k (US) range plus stereo.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

tubs

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 09:28:36 am »
Welcome :)  The Optima is light years above the Bahia as far as filtration,jets looks you name it. Prolly run a few thousand more also.

Around here Optima runs 9 to 11,000 U.S.   Bahia 6500.00 to 8,000.00 Just a guess as we are a Jacuzzi dealer.   BTW have you checked them out?? ;)

I was looking at the J365 and really liked it but I am leaning towards the Optima.  A friend of mine is seriously looking at the J365 as well as was quoted $8000 US plus taxes including delivery, steps, cover and lifter, chemicals and set up.  Is that a good price? what do you sell it for?

tileman

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:29 am »

I was looking at the J365 and really liked it but I am leaning towards the Optima.  A friend of mine is seriously looking at the J365 as well as was quoted $8000 US plus taxes including delivery, steps, cover and lifter, chemicals and set up.  Is that a good price? what do you sell it for?

My dealer sells the J-365 for $7300+tax U.S. in St.Louis and that includes everything you mentioned.

tileman

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 10:02:12 am »
The J-365

The Optima

tileman

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 10:20:36 am »
An even better, more comprable spa from Jacuzzi is the J-470 for around  10K.  Here are some pics.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:30:43 am by tileman »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 06:11:02 pm »
I live in Hamilton, just down the street from you.  I bought an arctic a year and a half ago, however, when I was pricing tubs I looked at the sundance line.  The local dealer offered me 11,000 canadian for an optima.  I found a better dealer, but wound up in a territorial pissing match and said F U to sundance because of it.  I got offered a better deal somewhere else and when the local Hamilton Dealer found out about it, he blew a gasket and reported the other dealer to head office, and then he was not allowed to sell to me.  

That really made my decision alot easier.  I would suggest if these are your two choices, I would go with the optima, it is a really nice tub.

If you are into the arctics at all, let me know, I can help you with alot and point you in the right direction.  

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 07:06:43 pm »
Hi, we're across the border in NY.. FWIW we just paid $8,800 (before tax, no ozone, no stereo) for an Optima in September.   We tested the Optima & loved it.  Trying to save $$ we tested the Bahia - nice tub - but it seemed cramped for our family of 4.  Good luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 07:06:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42