What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub prices  (Read 5933 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Hot Tub prices
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 06:20:53 pm »
I was in Buffalo yesterday finishing my christmas shopping. How far are you from the outlets??? Any chance you know where I can pick up Shiner Bock, I went everywhere in Buffalo with no luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 06:20:53 pm »

tubs

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 08:18:59 pm »
I live in Hamilton, just down the street from you.  I bought an arctic a year and a half ago, however, when I was pricing tubs I looked at the sundance line.  The local dealer offered me 11,000 canadian for an optima.  I found a better dealer, but wound up in a territorial pissing match and said F U to sundance because of it.  I got offered a better deal somewhere else and when the local Hamilton Dealer found out about it, he blew a gasket and reported the other dealer to head office, and then he was not allowed to sell to me.  

That really made my decision alot easier.  I would suggest if these are your two choices, I would go with the optima, it is a really nice tub.

If you are into the arctics at all, let me know, I can help you with alot and point you in the right direction.  

What did the $11000 include? and how can they prevent a dealer from selling to you?

Takedown

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 09:07:15 pm »
If it helps any I purchased an 07 Cameo for $8600 (ozonator, steps, delivery, startup chems, stereo).  The dealer offered the Optima at the same price.  Without the stereo we were looking at $8100.  Enjoy!

tubs

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 09:14:42 pm »
If it helps any I purchased an 07 Cameo for $8600 (ozonator, steps, delivery, startup chems, stereo).  The dealer offered the Optima at the same price.  Without the stereo we were looking at $8100.  Enjoy!

Thanks Takedown
Which area are you loacted in? US or Canada?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 09:26:12 am »
I live in Hamilton, just down the street from you.  I bought an arctic a year and a half ago, however, when I was pricing tubs I looked at the sundance line.  The local dealer offered me 11,000 canadian for an optima.  I found a better dealer, but wound up in a territorial pissing match and said F U to sundance because of it.  I got offered a better deal somewhere else and when the local Hamilton Dealer found out about it, he blew a gasket and reported the other dealer to head office, and then he was not allowed to sell to me.
Bosco, I had almost the same experience with SD except no other dealers would even quote me.  I agree that one should buy from the closest dealer but when the closest dealer is a butthead like this one was, it sure is frustrating not to be able to purchase the product you want.  So, like you, I turned to another manufacturer (MS) and have been extremely pleased.  With all the negative publicity re:  MS sales tactics, I find the SD territorial philosophy a big negative.  Of course I expect the dealers to chime in now... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Takedown

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 10:55:20 am »

Thanks Takedown
Which area are you loacted in? US or Canada?

Hi Tubs,

I'm in Southern CA.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 12:26:33 am »
The Sundance Bahia is something you might consider (but only if it's less expensive than the Jacuzzi) as the Bahia has a shorter warranty, less insulation, etc.  Not a bad tub but they are all made by the same company simply at differing price points.  Mine is a J-370 WITH stereo and I paid $6,500 USD  3 years ago (this was order and not a showroom model).  Great tub, good price but I have seen some price increases over the years and now Jacuzzi has three separate lines (200-series is similar to the Bahia), 300 was their "standard" tub and now the 400-series is out (to soak those extra $'s out of those who can afford it... LOL).  As with ANY tub, the local dealer is the one who sets the local prices.  They also perform any warranty services you may need.  Most ALL will negotiate downward.  The trick is finding what that level is for your area.  Always cross-shop brands and never give your dealers an "easy" target.  A "good" dealer will NEVER outright bad-mouth a competitor's product.  They should not need too.  I also personally think that both Bull frog and Beachcomber still make some of the best tubs around (for the money)
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 12:49:12 am »
I don't think they charge different prices for dealers but I could easily be wrong. I do know that tubs are often delivered to the dealer COD.

Different dealers pay different prices.  All spas are paid for on delivery, either COD, or Financing.  Dealers negotiate pricing with the manufacturer based on projected volumn and exclusivity.

Nevertheless, the Optima is sold predictably in the low 9k (US) range plus stereo.

That might be, but if anything, my guy would sell so few as to be able to qualify for any discounts. Making his wholesale price on the high end as opposed to the low end.

I think I'll go out and get in. 20 degrees tonight, still and clear.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 12:49:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42