What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Peak Ozone question  (Read 4938 times)

Tom

Re: Peak Ozone question
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 11:23:11 am »
I sure wish Arctic could pony up for better documentation.  I am not just talking about Peak Ozone, I am talking across the board.  Everything seems a bit vague to cover all models.  For example, wouldn't it be nice to have a diagram that shows which diverter valves and pumps control which jets?  Yes, you might say duh, just try it out.  But it would be nice to see the entire circuit laid out.
Diverter zone diagrams have been available to dealers since 2004.  We advise dealers to "try printing these in color and laminating them to help teach the consumer how to divert the water flow".  Your dealer can search the tech forum for the file "diverter zone pics.pdf".  

As for the other documentation, I presume you refer to the owners manuals?  I think they are reviewed twice a year, and if you have specific suggestions for improvement, we'll certainly listen.  Send your comments to me (my email address is in my profile).

Looking forward to photos of your deck

Tom
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:02:04 pm by Graybeard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 11:23:11 am »

Tom

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 11:38:15 am »
...There are several different calculations on output of the differing O3 units, not sure where you numbers came from? And measuring O3 output is a whole lot different than calculating its effectiveness based on someones water and its cleanliness. One persons water could very well utilize O3 to actually do some sanitizing that may have a huge effect on the sanitizer usage. While another persons water may see absolutely no benefit from O3 usage.
The info on UV came from the trainer who did the session, and the numbers for the Arctic and Peak Corona Discharge generators came from their respective manufacturers.  

Your comment on effectiveness is a valid point, and is the reason why we discourage the use of a specific figure: actual results may vary.  

Tom
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:03:06 pm by Graybeard »

Tom

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 02:40:41 pm »
My question is did any of you Arctic owners get documentation on how the "Peak" Ozone effects the amount of chemicals to use?  My generic manual that came with my Summit just says "bla, bla, bla...unless you have the Peak Ozone, then it will be different, blah, blah, blah"...    So how about it?  Anyone have documentation on the Peak Ozonator?
You can download that information from the Arctic Spas website:  http://www.arcticspas.com/downloads/document_library/Peak%20Ozone%20Guide.pdf
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 02:41:10 pm by Graybeard »

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 10:53:42 am »
Thanks Tom!  I will print it out when I return home next week.  It looks great.  But why the heck wouldn't my dealer know this is on your site?

How can I get the diverter diagram you talked about?  My dealer did not know one existed.

BTW, bring back the "mean" bear.  The "happy" bear is way too sissy!  What were you thinking?

Steven
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:54:18 am by NorthWoodsDipper »

Tom

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 02:37:29 pm »
But why the heck wouldn't my dealer know this [Peak Guide] is on your site?
How can I get the diverter diagram you talked about?  My dealer did not know one existed.
Steven
I bet your dealer is too busy helping customers to hunt through old corporate memos or poke around the web site.  :D  

PM me with the dealer name and I'll forward them to him.

Tom

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 02:57:27 pm »
BTW, bring back the "mean" bear.  The "happy" bear is way too sissy!  What were you thinking?
Old Grumbles McSnarly represented the fighting spirit of a little company clawing its way to success.   However, we had a lot of comments like  "Why does the bear look so mean?" and "What a grumpy looking bear!".  
As part of a five-year rebranding campaign that started in 2005, and on the advice of our marketing consultants, the bear was given his present Mona Lisa half-smile.  Add a couple of other little touches to make him look friendlier, add a new warmer name, "Chinook", and you have a logo that we feel better represents the company.  

Having watched us grow from a little local company into one of the top North American spa manufacturers, he's entitled to smile a bit, don't you think?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:31:23 pm by Graybeard »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 08:39:27 pm »
I guess so, I still liked angry bear.  Speaking of the logo, who picked the color scheme on the new display panel???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 08:39:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42