What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Big Test Tomorrow!  (Read 4099 times)

etonnet

Big Test Tomorrow!
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:27:40 pm »
Well, tomorrow is the big (wet) test day in a HotSpring Envoy!  Should all go well with hopefully a fair deal on a couple 2006 models left, my wife and I will be enjoying a great Christmas present.
I have been checking this site often lately and thoroughly enjoy the help and opinions many folks offer.  What a source for information.
Finally, I am very pleased with our local HotSpring dealer as he has been knowledgeable, pleasant, and really opened my eyes to the features of HotSpring spas.  The proof should be in the pudding (I mean carefully balanced and sanitary H2O) tomorrow afternoon.

Regards,

ET

Hot Tub Forum

Big Test Tomorrow!
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:27:40 pm »

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
Re: Big Test Tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:34:09 pm »
Good luck! Once you get one you'll wonder how (or why) you did without.

SpaNE

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 07:43:42 pm »
Well, tomorrow is the big (wet) test day in a HotSpring Envoy!  Should all go well with hopefully a fair deal on a couple 2006 models left, my wife and I will be enjoying a great Christmas present.

ET

Good luck with your wet test!  

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever put together a quick guide of the top things to look for in a wet test?  (Things to do, test, look for, etc.)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 07:46:58 pm »
That is a great idea!!!  Maybe they can compile a top ten list that is locked at the top of the post so all can read.   We can vote on the top 10 things.

1.  Try every seat out
2.  Play with everything on the tub
3.  Tub indoors have heat below 103, to hot inside (just my opinion)

I leave the rest up to you.

I miss the wet test stage.  My arctic dealer allowed me to come in after store close and really enjoy it.  

shortspark

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:47:50 pm »
My big Hot Springs test will be Weds. - keep us informed on how it went.

anne

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:29:33 pm »
To that list, I'd add:

4. Try all seats without jets just for plain ol' seating comfort and just sit there for several minutes to make sure that you like the layout, THEN try each seat with jets on hi/low/etc. I found some seats not very comfy without jets.
5. Try to wet test multiple models in one day for a more direct comparison
Dance like nobody's watching

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 12:23:48 am »
Also, take your time with the wet test and re-try tubs, you might miss something the first time in.  Are you considering any other tubs besides the Envoy?  We were initially interested in the Sovereign, but after the wet test(s), ended up with the Jetsetter.  I never would have considered buying that tub, prior to the wet test.  My wife and I hopped back and forth between 4-5 tubs for about 2 hours.  It was actually a lot of fun as no customers came in during the entire time we were wet testing.  We had the whole store to ourselves.

People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 04:27:30 am »
That is a great idea!!!  Maybe they can compile a top ten list that is locked at the top of the post so all can read.   We can vote on the top 10 things.

1.  Try every seat out
2.  Play with everything on the tub
3.  Tub indoors have heat below 103, to hot inside (just my opinion)
I leave the rest up to you.
I miss the wet test stage.  My arctic dealer allowed me to come in after store close and really enjoy it.  

Take notes. You can look at them at home away from the dealer.

Listen closely to the tub, it's diverter controls, air valves, and pump/s operation. Rate the sound from 1-10 You may have to adjust the first wet tests sound level as you do more.

I think after hours is the best way to really evaluate a tub.
Retired

etonnet

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 05:34:29 pm »
Well, the HotSpring Envoy passed with flying colors (literally).  My wife was in heaven, as she put it.  So, we will be taking delivery of a Pearl and Coastal Gray unit this Monday (Yee-ha!!!).
As soon as this baby is installed and filled, I will forward some snap shots.

5 days till Christmas for us...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:35:48 pm by etonnet »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 05:57:28 pm »
Yee hah!  Good deal.  Enjoy.   :) ;) :D ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 07:14:03 pm »
Well, the HotSpring Envoy passed with flying colors (literally).  My wife was in heaven, as she put it.  So, we will be taking delivery of a Pearl and Coastal Gray unit this Monday (Yee-ha!!!).
As soon as this baby is installed and filled, I will forward some snap shots.

5 days till Christmas for us...

What a great family Christmas gift!  Your gonna love the Envoy.  I know I can't stay out of mine.  With my old tub, I would normally only soak on the weekends.  Since getting the new one, its every night, maybe twice a night.  I really can't get over the variety of seating and jets in each seat.  Especially the lounger and the two corner seats.  I still don't have a favorite but the moto massage with the neck jets is in the lead right now!  Use it in good health!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 08:33:23 pm »
that was so fast.  congrats, atleast you do not have to wait so long like others.  You will love it.  Merry christmas, santa was good this year.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 08:33:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42