What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: filling new tub with warm water?  (Read 15321 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: filling new tub with warm water?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 04:15:30 am »
Recently I spoke with someone at one of the acrylic suppliers and different engineers for the companies we sell and a couple repair guys.  on this issue  but mainly on a hot water on demand system(which there is no tank and you basically have unlimited hot water.) The responses I recieved were if your not filling over 100 there should be no problems.   Most of my newest customers have these systems and it sure make life easier when you dont have to wait and its -20 outside.

Question of the day.........

Does anyone know why they use hot water in commercial ice making mahines?

Good Job Doc!!!

I put a glass of cold water and a glass of hot water outside a few years back at -20 F. There was very little noticab;e difference in freeze time. However there was a big difference in the clearity of the ice.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 04:15:30 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 07:49:01 am »
The hot water being used to make clear ice cubes makes as much sense as anything.
But it's also possible to make clear ice with cold water.  In college I worked at a liquor store and we sold ice that we made on premise.  The ice machine was fed with cold water and the ice was crystal clear, so there must be different methods, some which work with cold water.

Wonder if Mythbusters has done the "which freezes faster, hot or cold water" experiment?  I don't recall ever seeing that on their show.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:49:45 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 07:49:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42