Is this thread ready for the Dead horse section

Yes
15 (65.2%)
No
6 (26.1%)
Long live Masterspa!
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Master Spa Shows in the News!  (Read 19817 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Master Spa Shows in the News!
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2006, 06:37:40 pm »
One last comment....

If this forum is to educate people shopping for spas or anyone trying to know more about spas in general then sending this to the "Dead Horse" section as we have Master spa issues in the past would be wrong.

These are the things people shopping for spas are here to find out, leave it in the rotation as an informational post.

Just because some members weary of the content doesn't me it isn't informative to others reading
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 06:39:19 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2006, 06:37:40 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2006, 07:27:19 pm »
One last comment....

If this forum is to educate people shopping for spas or anyone trying to know more about spas in general then sending this to the "Dead Horse" section as we have Master spa issues in the past would be wrong.

These are the things people shopping for spas are here to find out, leave it in the rotation as an informational post.

Just because some members weary of the content doesn't me it isn't informative to others reading

I agree with Stuart.  This is the type of discussion that is very helpful to a new spa shopper.  There is very little one can do after they have been sucked into a tub at a "competitive" spa show.  A shopper needs as much information as he or she can get before the sale.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 07:28:36 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2006, 08:32:00 pm »
Yes, I agree with Stuart also. Let it ride. I don't have anything against this particular company but there are a few others with less than honorable sales tactics. Preventing someone from being scammed should be a good thing for this forum. I feel bad for folks when I hear about $2,500 re-stocking fees etc.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2006, 01:06:40 am »
One last comment....

I appreciate the concern and your intent. But what is to stop someone with a particular grudge to create new users every few weeks to keep this at the top of the list?   That is not in the normal character of most of our users, but not above what I have seen on some forums.   Anyone still can use the search feature and come across the thread.  I guess my final decision will be based on the continuing value of the information being added.  The lack of which would really be a good qualifier for dead horse status.

2 disclaimers -

1.  Personally, Master Spa looks like a decent spa to me and was my 2nd choice when I purchased.  The shows in question , from personal experience, in my sole opinion are pure deception (not the official opinion of Whatsthebest Inc  ;)

2. Somewhere in those official forum rules is something about not discussing decisions made my moderators. Well, in the interest of making this continue to be your forum, I've opened that up a bit. (I doubt I'll lose my job over that, but maybe I won't get as big a raise this year :) )

So that said, my powerful moderating decision is to evaluating the contiuning value of new information added after one week from the threads inception. Till then, have fun.

Boy, I sure wish Master would answer this subject in some sort of official manner. That would be worth it alone.

Note, posts made after midnight require much more editing and correction.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 01:13:33 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2006, 06:10:02 am »

Boy, I sure wish Master would answer this subject in some sort of official manner. That would be worth it alone.

You may have hit on a good standard to follow in cases like this.  In the past, I have seen reps from a particular spa company respond on behalf of the company when the company is the subject of a legitimate critical thread.  I assume most of the major spa manufacturers monitor these site.

I suggest that if a manufacturer does respond to legitimate questions, then put it in the "dead horse" section.  If not, leave it on the main board since the issue has not been affirmatively addressed by the company.  This standard might serve as an incentive for a manufacturer to respond to a legitimate issue.  (Apparently, this standard could also get you fired and we don't want that!)   :)

It is kind of amazing that Master Spa doesn't step up, but I guess its not surprising.  I have never seen a response from this company, in these forums or otherwise, when these and other questionable "sales practices" (ie: the rebates) are talked about.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2006, 11:58:10 am »
As far as I can remember, only one "executive" ever tried to post here as a manufacturer's representative- that was the guy from Gulf Coast.  
 And he was pretty useless- IIRC, he tap danced around the legitimate questions and issues that were being discussed, then took his dolly and left.  

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Master Spas corporate person (or any other major player for that matter) to come here.  
 I doubt they'd consider it a very useful way to spend their time.
Brewman

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 02:23:23 pm »
As long as we can deal with FACTS and not misrepresentations of facts....

As long as we can deal with opinions and differentiate between opinions and facts....

As long as posters will read others' opinions and try to ascertain their thoughts as a whole without picking a choosing isolated comments....

....then it doesn't really matter to me where this thread resides.  Obviously, this subject is dredged up every 6 months or so but normally it is in reaction to yet another road show advertisement, so, in one case, it is beating a dead horse yet, in another, a new instance is born.  So, Bill, it's a tossup and I support whatever decision you make.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 02:23:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42