What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My 6 week water synopsis  (Read 2689 times)

tileman

My 6 week water synopsis
« on: December 10, 2006, 07:35:19 pm »
I remember when I first started testing my water I had all kinds of questions and thanks to the experts here I have maintained absolutely crystal clear water for 6 weeks now with no surprises.

The reason I'm starting this topic is b/c I remember there was a little debate on what the ph and alk will do over time based on your tap water levels. Some said that they would tend to gradually try to go back to there tap level. While others had a couple of differing theories. Well here is what my water has done thus far.

First off let me say that my tap water has a ph of 8+ while my alk is 200+ and that I use dichlor and a buffered mps product. I follow the post soak dichlor dose method and shock with mps 3 out of the 4 times a month with the other being with dichlor.

After my inagural water balancing of my spa to get a ph to 7.6 and my alk to 110, both have been decreasing slowly. This is even with adding an 1'' or so of tap water a week. I haven't added anything to my water besides dichlor, buffered mps, and 2oz of defender 2x. It's been 6 weeks now and my levels are at 7.2 and 60. So I added 1.5 oz of baking soda to bring them back up. This was the first time in almost 5 weeks I've added any kind of + or - chemicals to my water.

Just thought I'd share my own findings for any of you water chemical experts. :)

CHAD
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 08:08:16 pm by tileman »

Hot Tub Forum

My 6 week water synopsis
« on: December 10, 2006, 07:35:19 pm »

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: My 6 week water synopsis
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:48:30 pm »
We are just the same Chad!!!
In MY 12 weeks of ownership I have probably had 6 good weeks too!!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Re: My 6 week water synopsis
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:48:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42