What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Some help. New Hot Tub?  (Read 3859 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Need Some help. New Hot Tub?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 02:25:19 pm »
Drew said it all, and very well.

That is one of the scariest things I've heard.  Only scarier would be if Drew was replaced by Chad.   ;D  Just kidding.   :)   ;)

Thanks Brook.  ::) ;)

Hey I still owe you for the hard time you gave me about my father in laws bumperless Toyota truck.   :)  Thats all this is.  And Chad... well that goes without saying.

To to OP-- I apologize for the thread hijack.  Welcome to the forum.  Good luck finding a tub.

Listen Toe Girl,

I appologized profusely for that and declared you the all knowing truck bumper goddess. Am I too pay for all time for questioning you and your crazy, cheap familly?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 02:25:19 pm »

jeffbond98

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 07:15:49 pm »
Thank you all.
I am really enjoying the advice that has been given. Yes I am from Canada. Edmonton Alberta Actually. The temp is nice in the summer cold in the winter. I have a huge yard and just built a deck ready for a hot tub. I am looking for a tub in the range of 6 people.  Jets can be an issue, I love em' but is it not true the more holes in the tub the more posiiblilties of a leak. I gotcha on the gimmics, I'll try and stay away from the TV/stereo,  (it would be cool watching Superbowl at -25C in the tub though) but I'll  concentrate on comfort. My wife gets a reaction from chlorine but with the advancements, and using the proper amout I think it'll be fine. Those self cleaning things look cool/helpful. I think I'm leaning towards artic though. unless I can fly down to the states and wet test, some of these other brands.
But thank you everyone, for your inputs. PLease keep em comin'.

In Canada eh

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 07:33:17 pm »
 Jets can be an issue, I love em' but is it not true the more holes in the tub the more posiiblilties of a leak.

Jeff

If this concerns you check out Bullfrog, they have a unique idea that places the jets in a removable/movable jetpack.  They are sold in Canada though the Independant Pool Group and there should be a dealer or two in a city the size of Edmonton.

I would have thought you would be more interested in watching an Oilers game in the snow.  I am from the Windsor area and you guys killed my Red Wings last year in the play offs :'(
Bullfrog 451

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 08:25:18 pm »
And what about the CFL?

About the holes ... it is possible to get a leak from any tub but as long as the tub is a quality tub, it'll hold the water. I think most techs have said the problem is usually in the equipment area, not the lines or jets. My tub has 56 jets and I'm not too worried about the jets leaking, I don't know how they install them but I would imagine that their gasketed and/or siliconed in along with probably a compression fitting. (I'm thinking in terms of a sink's drain fitting)

Of course in this age of more jets and sophisticated electronics we forget that there was a time that 5 jets, a mechanical thermostat and an on off switch were all there was to a tub's controls and jets ... an Emerald dealer reminded me of that when I was shopping.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 08:25:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42