What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Frog  (Read 6897 times)

Davidny

Re: Spa Frog
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 05:15:21 pm »
You'll want to shock whether you are using chlorine or bromine.  It is possible to shock with a high dose of chlorine, but I reccomend using potassium monopersulfate which is a non-chlorine oxidizer.  I think that is what most of the people on the forum use.

On a spa board I read someone recommended using potassium monopersulfate after soaking and a Cl shock once a week. Is it necessary to use Cl at all or can I get away with potassium monopersulfate+ozone+spafrog?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 05:15:21 pm »

tileman

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 06:33:34 pm »
Is it necessary to use Cl at all or can I get away with potassium monopersulfate+ozone+spafrog?

Yes, you need some sort of sanitizer, either chlorine or bromine. MPS has no sanitizing ability. It's strictly an oxidizer.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 09:54:31 pm »
You'll want to shock whether you are using chlorine or bromine.  It is possible to shock with a high dose of chlorine, but I reccomend using potassium monopersulfate which is a non-chlorine oxidizer.  I think that is what most of the people on the forum use.
Commonly known as MPS, the "non-chlorine" shock. It's made by DuPont. Oxy-Spa is one brand name you'll see. It has the distinction of being 100% MPS - no fillers. That means you'll use less to get the same results.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 09:54:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42