What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 07 Lineup  (Read 6066 times)

bwbski22

Jacuzzi 07 Lineup
« on: December 06, 2006, 01:29:02 pm »
what are the changes that are coming out?  any new models?   any changes to the 400 series?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 07 Lineup
« on: December 06, 2006, 01:29:02 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi 07 Lineup
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 01:32:33 pm »
  I could tell you,but then I would have to kill you. 8-)  All I can say is they will be nice.

bwbski22

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:55:42 pm »
well im gonna be pulling the trigger on a j470 tomorrow, just want to know if im gonna be missing out on anything big?  such as a new model in 400 line thats bigger?  or new features that are amazing?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 02:27:01 pm »
I have no inside knowledge about Jacuzzi.

However, knowing the spa industry, I would say pull the trigger.  400 series is still relatively new and odds are manufacturer is not going to have anything new and amazing.  Modifications? Probably.  Huge?  Probably not.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tileman

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 03:40:51 pm »
well im gonna be pulling the trigger on a j470 tomorrow, just want to know if im gonna be missing out on anything big?  such as a new model in 400 line thats bigger?  or new features that are amazing?

As a fellow Jacuzzi owner and a J-480 wet tester, I have to say that you will be more than happy with that purchase. Especially this time of year with all the year end sales.

CONGRATULATIONS!

CHAD

mjb

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 04:03:51 pm »
For 2007 there will be some new jets, new diverter handles,
new colors, and stereo upgrade w/ iPod docking station.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 04:11:46 pm »
As I said, nothing huge. ;)

Any idea of cost increases?

tileman

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 04:15:16 pm »
As I said, nothing huge. ;)

I bet if those were changes for the '07 Hot Springs you'd be a little more enthusiastic about them.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 04:18:04 pm »
The one I would be most excited about is the IPod port.

I thought the 400 series was a huge change for Jacuzzi when it was brought out.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 04:58:44 pm »
I don't know that there can be anything I would consider a huge change in the spa industry.  They are not that complicated a machine.  The synthetic cabinets, ozonators, and transducer sound systems were somewhat revolutionary, but other than that, .................... ::)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 05:45:24 pm »
Why don't companies do more research in terms of coming up with new jet styles? Almost everyone seems to have the same types. As a consumer, I would think that a mfg could really differentiate themselves by offering more varied styles of jets, instead of the ordinary directional and rotational.

I did notice Vita has something called a "Rolle-a-ssage". Their site describes it as a Vita Exclusive but their web page that demonstrates it doesn't work (at least on my computer). They also have something called a Quad Stream which supposedly directs water into 4 different directions at the same time, resulting in "strong, even vibrations to soothe those overworked calf muscles". Is this more Koolaid or has anyone wet tested these?  

I do think the HS MotoMassage was a great new idea as was the Fluidix Intelli-Jet by Sundance. Those are definite selling points by those 2 firms and probably gain a lot of customers due to these features.

tileman

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 05:52:44 pm »
Wes, see my last post on "Transmision............"

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 05:53:33 pm »
There are jets that move and YES they feel good but will not give you any lasting therapy, directional jets are the only way to get consistent heat deeper into the muscle tissue so while they may not have the sex appeal of jets that move, they actually are better for therapy that you will feel after your soak is over.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:07:54 pm »
 I think Jacuzzi and Sundance both do more in jet changes than anyone in the industry.  Everyone else seems to stay the same year after year,both Jacuzzi and Sundance come out with new style spas different looks, changes in filtration in both lines ect,ect.   While they stay separate in looks and technology between the two they are always trying something new.

Without mentioning other company's I dont think any others can lay claim to that.

Jacuzzi alone has exploded into the spa market in the last 5 years with the help of Sundance and a great bunch of people behind the scenes.  Least the dont stay stagnent year after year like some out there.  

Artesian also has made some changes in the last two/three years with there direct flow system and there multiple pump spa's and have improved the quality of there spas by building a new factory in Vegas.

All in all I like what Jacuzzi and Sundance have both done in the last couple years with many more to come while everyone tries to catch up. Regaurdless of who builds more that does nothing for the consumer.

I will get off my soap box now, please correct me if I am wrong!!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:15:23 pm »
I did notice Vita has something called a "Rolle-a-ssage". Their site describes it as a Vita Exclusive but their web page that demonstrates it doesn't work (at least on my computer). They also have something called a Quad Stream which supposedly directs water into 4 different directions at the same time, resulting in "strong, even vibrations to soothe those overworked calf muscles". Is this more Koolaid or has anyone wet tested these?  

The Roll-e-ssage is a jet built into the tub (not replacable to my knowlege) and I have not tested that one as the Vita tubs I have been in did not have one.

I have quad stream jets in my tub (or I should say "had"), a sister line to Vita, and they are OK but not revolutionary. I prefer spinning jets and have replaced every jet that I can replace with the Select a Swirl jet, including the Quad streams, although I can put them back in if I want to.

My brother just bought a new Rendezvous from Vita but I don't think he got the Roll-e-ssage jet either although I am not sure. The Rnedezvous is nice because the jets in the "love seat" (on the bottom right) have a controller so that the rows of jets alternate in waves and the pattern of the waves can be changed. Another nice thing about the Rendezvous is the 3 volcano jets in the elongated foot dome. Everybody can get a little foot therapy in this tub!

My biggest problem with the Rendezvous was that it wasn't quite a 4 corner seat tub and I had a hard time fitting comfortably under the neck and shoulder jet collar in the lower left seat. It is a pretty tight seat.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:16:05 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:15:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42