What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone problem  (Read 2463 times)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Ozone problem
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:21:07 am »
I have a 2002 Sundance Cameo.  My icon for the Ozone disappears for a few days then comes back for a few days.  Been doing this for a couple of months now.  I looked at the wiring and it seems to only have power wires going to it.  Is there some kinda of current monitor or something inline that that detects when it on?  It seems like if it went bad it should stay that way.  I checked the wires and they seem to be wired good.  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:32:08 am by brian_tr »

Hot Tub Forum

Ozone problem
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:21:07 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Ozone problem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:53:59 pm »
I have a 2002 Sundance Cameo.  My icon for the Ozone disappears for a few days then comes back for a few days.  Been doing this for a couple of months now.  I looked at the wiring and it seems to only have power wires going to it.  Is there some kinda of current monitor or something inline that that detects when it on?  It seems like if it went bad it should stay that way.  I checked the wires and they seem to be wired good.  

I'm going to throw a guess out.  The icon must react to current.  If you uplug it, no icon.  Maybe the ozone unit is wearing down a little and not transferring the proper current.  It sounds like it is on its way out.  My 2002 CD ozone unit was working OK, but it was starting to show signs of wear, so I disconnected it.

tileman

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 04:55:03 pm »

Maybe the ozone unit is wearing down a little and not transferring the proper current.  It sounds like it is on its way out.

I think Tony's inquiry is the case here, especially if it is the original ozonator.

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 06:25:41 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I guess I should unhook it before it starts to trip the GFI.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:55:56 pm »
 One thing you could try would be open the front panel and put your hand on the ozonator and see if it is running when the icon is not on. Make sure the pumps are not running as this shuts the ozone off as you probably know.  I have ran across in some Jacuzzi's that the icon does not come on from a circut board problem but the ozonator is still running fine.

Its also possible that your check valve failed and let water get into the ozonator and is causing intermitent failure. Although this will trip the breaker in most cases, in some it does not.  Worth a try.

dflearning

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 08:48:30 pm »
I am just looking to purchase a spa. Was the ozone worth it, was it hard on the cover or head rests?

tileman

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 03:57:26 pm »
I am just looking to purchase a spa. Was the ozone worth it, was it hard on the cover or head rests?

In my 5+ week ownership of a spa w/ one I'd say yes, but it was included in my deal so there was no out of pocket expense. How much was the option on that particular spa? It can't hurt to have it, so as long as it's affordable for you I'd purchase. So far I have noticed no damage to the cover and headrests.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 03:58:24 pm by tileman »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 04:11:24 pm »

Ozone is hard on covers and head rests, but so isn't chlorine and bromine.  IMO, ozone benefits water maintenance, but it has it's downside.  I just disconnected mine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 04:11:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42