What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Transmission from the Mothership....  (Read 13217 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Transmission from the Mothership....
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006, 05:24:09 pm »
Why didn't HS add some thigh jets (for jocks with hamstring problems) to the Aria lounge? In fact, HS as well as most mfgs have very few thigh jets in any of their models. Why is this as it seems that muscle group needs as much therapy if not more than the calves? I think that is a major oversight on the part of a lot of spa companies.

Conversely, the Costco Platinum III once again looks great on paper. Actually, this is HydroSpa's Sterling Leisure line - Desire model  - which has an MSRP of $9895 (quoted directly by Hydrospa) but could probably be purchased at $8k at a dealer? It will be interesting to see what Costco will sell it for, but if I heard correctly, will retail for about $5k. Now what you have to ask yourself is the difference simply dealer markup or a difference in mfg components, process, etc?.

It's always been many people's contention that thigh/calf jets in lounges can tend to increase your chances of floating with their upward thrust. if not for that they sound great but lounges are so tricky in the first place I'd be even more wary without a wet test. As far as calf/thigh jets on the Platinum II or III, that spa is designed to look good in a picture and/or on a stat sheet so I think they worry a bit less about a wet test.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006, 05:24:09 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2006, 10:18:53 am »
Term, did you ever get a chance to kick it, jump on it, and give it a test run?  I would love to hear your comments as you seem to be an experience HotSprings dealer.  Thanks in  advance.

We actually got one in a few weeks ago on a Monday, set it on the showroom floor, Tuesday morning someone came in and looked at it, bought it, and we delivered it Wednesday.  I never had the chance to fill it up, but it was a very beautiful spa.

We have sold 3 truckloads of spas the last 2 weeks and had hoped to get a couple of Arias for the showroom, but I believe all the slots are taken for existing customers.  I did request an Aria for my store.  If we get it, I'll hook it up and try it out.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2006, 01:21:18 pm »
Why didn't HS add some thigh jets (for jocks with hamstring problems) to the Aria lounge? In fact, HS as well as most mfgs have very few thigh jets in any of their models. Why is this as it seems that muscle group needs as much therapy if not more than the calves? I think that is a major oversight on the part of a lot of spa companies.

It's always been many people's contention that thigh/calf jets in lounges can tend to increase your chances of floating with their upward thrust. if not for that they sound great but lounges are so tricky in the first place I'd be even more wary without a wet test.  
I had not thought of the floating problem, spatech. Thanks for the reminder. But don't you think a designer could come up with a slightly reclined seat that has an elevated floor section, thereby "picking" the thighs up off the bottom of the seat, and eliminating the floating problem? My Tundra has 2 thigh jets in one of the corner seats and none of my family members (including my petite wife) have any difficulties.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2006, 02:24:35 pm »

It's always been many people's contention that thigh/calf jets in lounges can tend to increase your chances of floating with their upward thrust. if not for that they sound great but lounges are so tricky in the first place I'd be even more wary without a wet test.  
I had not thought of the floating problem, spatech. Thanks for the reminder. But don't you think a designer could come up with a slightly reclined seat that has an elevated floor section, thereby "picking" the thighs up off the bottom of the seat, and eliminating the floating problem? My Tundra has 2 thigh jets in one of the corner seats and none of my family members (including my petite wife) have any difficulties.

Could it be done. Probably with a lot of trial and error (desing, prototype, wet test, lather, rinse, repeat...). I just question whether the big box store kind of spa designs do much mroe than make a spa look good in a picture.

wesj53

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2006, 02:44:03 pm »
I just question whether the big box store kind of spa designs do much mroe than make a spa look good in a picture.
I'll be curious as to how much Costco is going to sell it for although I heard someone mention $4999. I already called Hydrospa and they gave me a MSRP of $9795 (for their Sterling Leisure Desire model - the identical layout as that of the Platinum III) so a dealer may sell it for $8000? How could it be the same unit?

tileman

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2006, 05:19:04 pm »

But don't you think a designer could come up with a slightly reclined seat that has an elevated floor section, thereby "picking" the thighs up off the bottom of the seat, and eliminating the floating problem?  

Wes I believe Vita spa makes a tub that has what you're talking about. It's called the Cabaret. Here's a pic.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:20:14 pm by tileman »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2006, 05:38:32 pm »

But don't you think a designer could come up with a slightly reclined seat that has an elevated floor section, thereby "picking" the thighs up off the bottom of the seat, and eliminating the floating problem?  

Wes I believe Vita spa makes a tub that has what you're talking about. It's called the Cabaret. Here's a pic.

It has them but it's also not really a lounge but more of what is referred to as an "adirondeck chair" which shouldn't be as big of an issue to question relative to what I was saying but again, with a lounge I'd really want to wet test it even more if it had thigh jets because some people float in loungers as it is before you add a thrusting jet to your thighs.

wesj53

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2006, 07:26:05 pm »
Chad, thanks for your post. That seat is exactly what I was referring to. Vita makes some interesting models with a lot of different jet configurations and styles.  

tileman

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2006, 04:05:09 pm »
Chad, thanks for your post. That seat is exactly what I was referring to. Vita makes some interesting models with a lot of different jet configurations and styles.  

Your welcome. I actually wet tested this spa and really liked that seat. I wish more manufacturers had them. If it wasn't for the dealer in my area and not getting alot of feedback on Vita spa's from this forum, I would probably be in it right now. ;)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 04:05:43 pm by tileman »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2006, 04:05:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42