What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trade shows  (Read 3931 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Trade shows
« on: December 02, 2006, 05:16:48 pm »
Other than new Marquis skirt, what was new and exciting? :o
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Trade shows
« on: December 02, 2006, 05:16:48 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Trade shows
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 06:56:39 pm »
Some nice surrounds. I saw a bit more flash in spas. Some wood products that I really liked. Spent some time with Robert and Steve ( Steve Thank you again, Angie and I had a great time) both real gentlemen in this industry. And of course the breath taking awe, inspiring new Rock surround from Marquis... ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:41:55 pm by Mendocino101 »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:50:07 pm »
Did Hotspring, Caldera, or Sundance participate in the Vegas show? I didn't seem them on the list.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:53:56 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 11:42:41 pm »
I know Hot Spring, Caldera and D1 did not show.  Don't know about Sundance.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 11:44:11 pm by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 03:49:24 am »
I dont know why they wouldn't be at this show, it's supposed to be bigger than the Aqua show.

It looks like the major manuf at th IPSE were:
Arctic
Master
Coleman
Marquis
Cal Spas
Beachcomber

Some smaller manuf:
Clearwater
Geatlakes
Dynasty
Sunbelt
Leisure Bay
Phoenix

Tom

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 10:43:38 am »
Here's a rework of a media release from spasearch.org.   The program is intended to meet certain criticisms about so-called hot tub "awards" based largely on advertising volume.    The Spasearch Certified endorsement requires companies to meet certain  objective standards (UL listing, warranty, customer support etc), as well as an 85% customer satisfaction rating on a survey administered by a third party.

Full details at:
http://www.bigfishpublications.com/PDF/End...ntWinnersPR.pdf
http://www.spasearch.org/awards.php

- - - - - - - - - -

INTERNATIONAL POOL & SPA EXPO, LAS VEGAS, NOVEMBER 2006 - As proof of their longtime commitments to excellence, five hot tub manufacturers have received the coveted Spasearch Certified award - the only independent customer endorsement in the hot tub industry. Marquis Spas, Hot Spring Spas, Caldera Spas, Dimension One Spas and Arctic Spas are the first hot tub manufacturers to satisfy the rigorous certification standards.  Sixteen additional hot tub manufacturers are currently under evaluation for the award and winners will be recognized in the spring 2007 issue of Spasearch Magazine™.

These companies represent the top 10% of hot tub manufacturers currently operating in the United States. Completely independent and based solely on customer surveys, the only way for hot tub manufacturers to earn Spasearch Certified status is to demonstrate excellence on every level from product reliability straight through to consumer satisfaction.

To maintain complete impartiality, all results were tabulated through a team of third-party auditors, ensuring that this certification was fairly won rather than influenced by advertising dollars. “Having an annual independent endorsement program is long overdue,” says David Wood, Editor-in-Chief of Spasearch Magazine™. “For years our industry has been plagued with unaccredited sources that offer awards based on paid advertising or other financial consideration. We are delighted to offer this unique program to hot tub manufacturers and consumers alike.”

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 11:03:51 am »
HotSprings does not attend trade shows anymore, all their dealerships areas are taken.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 11:54:04 am »
Here's a rework of a media release from spasearch.org.   The program is intended to meet certain criticisms about so-called hot tub "awards" based largely on advertising volume.    The Spasearch Certified endorsement requires companies to meet certain  objective standards (UL listing, warranty, customer support etc), as well as an 85% customer satisfaction rating on a survey administered by a third party.

Full details at:
http://www.bigfishpublications.com/PDF/End...ntWinnersPR.pdf
http://www.spasearch.org/awards.php

- - - - - - - - - -

INTERNATIONAL POOL & SPA EXPO, LAS VEGAS, NOVEMBER 2006 - As proof of their longtime commitments to excellence, five hot tub manufacturers have received the coveted Spasearch Certified award - the only independent customer endorsement in the hot tub industry. Marquis Spas, Hot Spring Spas, Caldera Spas, Dimension One Spas and Arctic Spas are the first hot tub manufacturers to satisfy the rigorous certification standards.  Sixteen additional hot tub manufacturers are currently under evaluation for the award and winners will be recognized in the spring 2007 issue of Spasearch Magazine™.

These companies represent the top 10% of hot tub manufacturers currently operating in the United States. Completely independent and based solely on customer surveys, the only way for hot tub manufacturers to earn Spasearch Certified status is to demonstrate excellence on every level from product reliability straight through to consumer satisfaction.

To maintain complete impartiality, all results were tabulated through a team of third-party auditors, ensuring that this certification was fairly won rather than influenced by advertising dollars. “Having an annual independent endorsement program is long overdue,” says David Wood, Editor-in-Chief of Spasearch Magazine™. “For years our industry has been plagued with unaccredited sources that offer awards based on paid advertising or other financial consideration. We are delighted to offer this unique program to hot tub manufacturers and consumers alike.”

I thought Hotsprings wer ETL certified, not UL?
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 06:59:26 pm »
Jacuzzi/Sundance were at Aqua, Watkins companies attended neither, surprisingly D-1 was a no show at both shows. I do not recall seeing any of the spa makers at both shows but I am sure someone must have shown at both.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 07:28:16 pm »
Since the Aqua show will probably be no more not sure what will happen now.

Jacuzzi/Sundance will most likely be at the NSPI show next year I am not sure if meeting a certain criteria means as much as the amount of money that can be shelled out by a manufacturer to attend.

I have attended the Aqua show for the last 5 years and it has always been excellent, but this years attendance by manufacturers and people was way down.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 07:41:10 pm »
Since the Aqua show will probably be no more not sure what will happen now.

According to rumors and hearsay. Hanley Wood which owns the NSPI show, among others, bought the Aqua show. They somewhat forced the sale as the forced them out of the Mandalay Bay convention center (e.g. they made it so the lease with Aqua wasn't renewed by the Mandalay after 2007). The aqua show will run every-other year in Vegas, and the NSPI show will be in Vegas the other, every-other years................ Or so say the rumor mongers I've been listening to.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 08:19:26 pm »
Doc I have heard the same rumors and Jim YES the aqua show was way down this year almost felt empty as I walked around.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 08:38:24 pm »
Doc I have heard the same rumors and Jim YES the aqua show was way down this year almost felt empty as I walked around.

It really hit me at the House of Blues, in previous years standing room only this year practically pic a seat for the most part.

Vanguard

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 08:48:49 pm »
There are too many pool/spa shows!!!  The industry needs to consolidate this.

I mean, PIE, Atlantic City, IPSE, Aqua, plus all the regional shows.  Just too many.  If there were fewer shows, more buyers would attend and then the manufacturers would see more benefit.  The cost of doing shows is enormous.  I mean, Cal Spas must easily spend close to a million on their booth.  You have to sign a lot of business that will do a lot of numbers for you to justify.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 08:48:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42