What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs. Oregon Hot Springs. . .  (Read 3983 times)

boppho

Marquis vs. Oregon Hot Springs. . .
« on: December 03, 2006, 11:55:00 am »
We are out shopping hot tubs. . .and have narrowed it down to a Hotsprings Jetsetter for approximately $6500 or the Marquis 530 (Ultimate package) for the same amount (both 2006 models).  Obviously, the Jetsetter is a smaller tub but does suit our needs.  However we found (my fiance and I) that we kind of liked the idea of floating around to the different stations and not being so fixed into one position with the larger Maquis.  We're especially confused since the prices on both would be the same.  We also (possibly) have a chance at the Sundance Capri (2006) for $5500. . .that's a deal we almost had in the bag before the floor model was sold out from under us (our fault for dragging our feet).  We might be able to find another Sundance dealer with the same model willing to do a floor sale for the same price.  

Any info/feedback/advice on this would be appreciated.  All three tubs seemed to fit us very nicely.  What are the pros and cons?  Pluses and minuses?  Please be as honest as you can.

Thanks!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis vs. Oregon Hot Springs. . .
« on: December 03, 2006, 11:55:00 am »

tileman

Re: Marquis vs. Oregon Hot Springs. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 01:10:54 pm »
We are out shopping hot tubs. . .and have narrowed it down to a Hotsprings Jetsetter for approximately $6500 or the Marquis 530 (Ultimate package) for the same amount (both 2006 models).  Obviously, the Jetsetter is a smaller tub but does suit our needs.  However we found (my fiance and I) that we kind of liked the idea of floating around to the different stations and not being so fixed into one position with the larger Maquis.  We're especially confused since the prices on both would be the same.  We also (possibly) have a chance at the Sundance Capri (2006) for $5500. . .that's a deal we almost had in the bag before the floor model was sold out from under us (our fault for dragging our feet).  We might be able to find another Sundance dealer with the same model willing to do a floor sale for the same price.  

Any info/feedback/advice on this would be appreciated.  All three tubs seemed to fit us very nicely.  What are the pros and cons?  Pluses and minuses?  Please be as honest as you can.

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the forum.
 First let me say that all 3 you mentioned are quality spas.
 Have you guys been wet testing them or just dry sitting? It is very important to sit in them with water. This will ensure that the jets hit YOU in the right places and the seats are comfortable to YOUR body type. Nobody will be able to tell you which one is better for you b/c of these reasons.
 One last thing, I think that price quote on the Jetsetter is a little high but that is just going by my prices here in St. Louis. They do tend to vary from city to city.
 Good Luck and have fun with all the wet tests.
  Chad

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 03:08:10 pm »
We wet tested the U530 and thought it was a fantastic tub. We would have bought it as it was in our price range.  Then we decided to try the larger Marquis Epic and realized that when it comes to hot tubs, sometimes bigger is better. While the U530 was comfortable and the therapy was great, we found for a family of 4, we needed a bit more room to stretch out. So based on my experience, I would say go for the larger tub. It will be more versatile and probably suit your needs for a longer period of time.   You will probably hear from the Marquis sales folks, but if I remember correctly, that is a great price on the U530. ;). Good luck you can't go wrong with a Marquis.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 03:36:18 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 07:08:13 am »
I agree to a point with bonibelle.
bigger is better. However make shure that you don't flote out of your seats.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 07:55:04 am »
I would personally go with a tub with stations as you call them.  I do not enjoy floating in an open seating system.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 11:38:24 am »
I would personally go with a tub with stations as you call them.  I do not enjoy floating in an open seating system.

and I'm just the opposite. I prefer the open seating having tried both many times. What does that mean to anyone else? I'm not sure.

The responses we'll see will show some prefer open seating to others preference of more defined seats. Some will say go big (I tend to agree) but I've seen many people regret having a big spa and wished they'd stayed smaller when they realize it's almost always 2 people in it. Learning what others like is very important but then you have to take those opinions and see where you fit when looking at their reasons for what they like.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 12:22:48 pm »
IMO bigger isn't always better, although it seems Americans in general believe this  ::)    We wet tested numerous tubs and ended up with the Jetsetter; one we never would have thought about buying until after we wet tested.  The bigger tubs had us both floating away.  The Jetsetter was just right and is a great tub.  The DX Moto Massage is also a huge plus.  Try out as many tubs as you want to and then make your decision, but I'll give my vote to the Jetsetter  ;D
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 05:59:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  The 530 Ult. is an awesome tub and one of our best sellers.  I work at one of the Marquis stores in the Portland area, hopefully you've had a good experience.  Let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 05:59:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42