What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ice  (Read 6803 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Ice
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 05:00:01 am »
Well after about 4 inches of freezing rain the snow has finally arrived! We're supposed have up to 12'' of ice/snow by late morning. :o No work for me tomarrow. :)

Come on tileman......your going to let a little snow stop you from going to work!! It takes 12" of ice and snow for them to shut down school around here, and it never stops us from working. As a matter of fact most people I work for, no amount of snow stops us from going to work. I spose it may have something to do with our snow moving equipment!! Snow emergency plans, most of us drive 4WD's and alot have blades on the trucks to plow themselves out.

Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 05:00:01 am »

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 09:08:50 am »
I cannot believe it!
We have not had any frost yet!
Temperatures are still between 40 and 50 at nighttime.

Last year this time it was 0 to 5 degrees.  :o

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 10:43:29 am »
It's 66 degrees right now in NE NJ....that's unheard of for December 1st, but the cold is coming.....we're supposed to have heavy storms this afternoon and the temp is going to plummet.  We were at the park yesterday wearing T-shirts and jeans....it was beautiful.....

tileman

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 02:30:47 pm »
Come on tileman......your going to let a little snow stop you from going to work!!

YES.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 10:50:25 pm »
Come on tileman......your going to let a little snow stop you from going to work!!

YES.

Oh I get it....duh!!!!!
Retired

anne

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 11:22:20 pm »

YES.

Oh I get it....duh!!!!!

From another thread: "As long as the snow isn't coming up and over my spa, I'm a scrapin' and a brushin' until I reach spatopia."

So he wont go to work, but he'll work for his spatopia!!!!! ;D
Dance like nobody's watching

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 05:58:38 am »
 From another thread: "As long as the snow isn't coming up and over my spa, I'm a scrapin' and a brushin' until I reach spatopia."

So he wont go to work, but he'll work for his spatopia!!!!! ;D

He shovled all day.......and finaly made it just in time to soak.

Just a little ways to go

Ahhhhhhhhhh
Retired

tileman

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2006, 06:22:53 am »
It's now 14 degrees outside and I srcaped a 10 ft path  to the tub. It was about 8 inches deep, hardly to much work for spatopia. ;)
BTW, I still haven't touched my driveway. I guess we know where my priorities are at. ;D

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2006, 07:54:36 am »
CAN'T wait for icefishing!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2006, 09:11:50 am »
It's now 14 degrees outside and I srcaped a 10 ft path  to the tub. It was about 8 inches deep, hardly to much work for spatopia. ;)
BTW, I still haven't touched my driveway. I guess we know where my priorities are at. ;D

You did it in the correct order.  That way, when you're done with the driveway, you can just hop right in your spa!

ICE FISHING!!!  We can't wait either.  BIG ice fishing expo in the Twin Cities this weekend.  They are billing it as the largest ice fishing expo in the world and they're probably right.   Their newest gadget that I saw on the news is a machine with a recording of fish eating minnows.  You lower the speaker into the water and it's supposed to entice the fish to eat/bite, since "other fish" are eating.  :-/  Hmmmmm.

No snow yet here, but the temps are just right for making some good ice.  :)
2005 HS Vanguard

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 10:28:25 am »

You did it in the correct order.  That way, when you're done with the driveway, you can just hop right in your spa!

ICE FISHING!!!  We can't wait either.  BIG ice fishing expo in the Twin Cities this weekend.  They are billing it as the largest ice fishing expo in the world and they're probably right.   Their newest gadget that I saw on the news is a machine with a recording of fish eating minnows.  You lower the speaker into the water and it's supposed to entice the fish to eat/bite, since "other fish" are eating.  :-/  Hmmmmm.

No snow yet here, but the temps are just right for making some good ice.  :)

My son called from Ely yesterday, they had tipups out in 11 feet of water with 4-6 inches of ice. Most of the smaller local lakes are walkable all the way across. The larger lakes are a bit shaky yet. I told him to please wait another couple weeks before he starts dragging his house and stuff out on the bigger lakes.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 10:28:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42