What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Remote controls  (Read 1609 times)

Davidny

Remote controls
« on: November 26, 2006, 10:06:12 am »
OK... so I have my Balboa Dolphin with its RF converter pointed at the stereo in the barn with outdoor speakers aimed at the spa  and at an RF repeater which talks to its reciever in the house, pointed at an IR light switch control for the floodlights in the spa zone. There's also an FM modulator in the house to get any audio source to the stereo in the barn. Is this a wacky system or par for the course?  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

Remote controls
« on: November 26, 2006, 10:06:12 am »

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
Re: Remote controls
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 03:11:39 pm »
Hey Davidny,

Don't you just hate it when your posts go unanswered?

I think of myself as a bit of a tech guy, but what is a Balboa Dolphin?  (Makes me think of Rocky and Flipper)  ;D

I think you are a little wireless crazy, but it sounds ultimately convenient.  For lazy people like me, it would be a great setup.

As for me, I have hidden speakers out on my deck that are wired to my main sound system.  I have a volumn control on the porch (near the deck) so I don't have to run to the living room for sound adjustment.  

As for the floodlights near the tub, I have a switch in the kitchen and I turn them off before I go tubbing.

(I do have a programmable remote in my home theater that handles everything.  I hope that counts for something.)

Cheers,

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:18:50 pm »
If it works for...great!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:18:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42