What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally! My Tundra pics  (Read 7869 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Finally! My Tundra pics
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 09:11:40 am »
When we were kids we got 6 maybe  7 channels. 3 major network channels, 3 on UHF and the PBS channel.  Then  we got cable. It was an "A-B" switch box on the top of the TV. I think that bumped us up t0 12 channels. Yea. Life was good.

Damn, I sound like an old coger...."Hey you! Get off my lawn! damn kids...."
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 09:11:40 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 10:10:50 am »
12 channels.... wow.  how old are you drewster? ;D

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2006, 10:58:12 am »
Hey bosco, don't go there. I'm probably older (53) than drew and I remember the days when we had the 3 networks, WGN, an educational VHF channel, and a couple of UHF stations. So there, you young buck, how's that for a good memory! (Thank God I don't look or act my age!)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 01:45:08 pm »

Im 42. ButI have a feeling that's not that old for this group? Most folks here strike me as the 35-55 year group. A few young bucks, but not many.

In the 70s we had NBC, CBS, ABC. And PBS.  Then there were three UHF channels.  In the Central MA market that would have been chanels 27, 38 and 56.

In the late 70's  the A-B cable box basiically gave us just better recption. It wasn't until the 80's that cable began adding significant channels. ( I want my M-TV).    

Hell it was only 1992  ("only".,..wow. seems like yesterday, that was 14 years ago) when Springsteen wrote and  sang "57 Channels (and nothing on)".   About a weatlhy man in Hollywood who had 57 tv chanells (WOW!!!!!) but couldn't find anything to watch. These were the days of the  6' diametere sat dish.

Today, I have a sat dish the size of a large plate, and access to thousands of channels of crap.   Amazing.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 01:50:18 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2006, 02:08:03 pm »

He's the same age as me smartass. I remember when cable TV finally came to town!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2006, 02:14:29 pm »
I was surprised to learn that Cable tv came out in PA in the 40's!
07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2006, 04:48:56 pm »
wow, spatech, you know what they say, anger comes with age! ;D No disrespect, just never had the opportunity to use an antenna.  Actually come to think of it, I think we had one at my parents cottage when I was 5.  I dont think that it worked though, we were to far out into the sticks.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2006, 05:15:48 pm »
wow, spatech, you know what they say, anger comes with age! ;D No disrespect, just never had the opportunity to use an antenna.  Actually come to think of it, I think we had one at my parents cottage when I was 5.  I dont think that it worked though, we were to far out into the sticks.

I remember the good old days when reception was bad on a football game and one of us would be moving the rabbit ears but you often had to keep your hands on it and watch from teh side of teh TV. Nowadays we're spoiled and if the cable goes out taking my 100 channels for more than 5 minutes I have to take an anxiety pill.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 05:16:17 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2006, 05:19:31 pm »
I was surprised to learn that Cable tv came out in PA in the 40's!

It was the 70's in my part of PA.  I remember when we had two channels, NBC and CBS, then around 66 the new upstart ABC had a new affiliate go on the air.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 11:17:48 am »
We were poor. We didn't have dem fancy smancy antenneas on da roof.
We had to wrap the rabbit ears with tin foil and then hold them in crazy positions while tuning the UHF button as if you were cracking a safe.  Ahhhhh. Good times.    

Rabbit ears? You were lucky. We had to run coat hangers from the back of the TV to our fillings, wrap our heads in tinfoil and stand outside to watch television.  (Not that we HAD coats - just hangers.) :'(

OH!!! By the way, great set-up WES! ;) Looks wonderful!
...because integrity's the key

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2006, 12:56:03 pm »
Gee, silent - I hope you were grounded when you did that?! :-X

Thanks for the compliments. I haven't been in for the last 2 days since it's been raining here in Chicago constantly. Now a big snow predicted for later tonight! How much fun is that going to be?

Tom

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2006, 01:17:45 pm »
Now a big snow predicted for later tonight! How much fun is that going to be?

Thanks for sharing your installation, Wes.  It's always nice to see where our product winds up.    

The snow should be fun; it's a strange experience.  On the acreage, we used to get out of the tub and go roll in the snow (an even stranger experience, not advised if you have heart problems) then come back into the tub (wonderful!).  

BTW, this tended to bring in pine needles, leaves and what not, which we scooped out with a tea strainer.  A foot bath would probably have helped, but we were always too eager to get back into the hot tub!   :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:18:48 pm by Graybeard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2006, 01:17:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42