What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally! My Tundra pics  (Read 7867 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Re: Finally! My Tundra pics
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 11:52:00 pm »
Very nice setup, looks like that particular area was just waiting for a hot tub.  Looks great.  When are you planing on using it for the first time?  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 11:52:00 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 04:43:11 am »
Tileman, were you an only child? ;D

Good job wes...get something down so your feet stay clean!!

Anne his brothers beat him up and locked him in the closet!!
Retired

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:20:22 am »
wes that looks really sharp.  No one can argue that arctic makes a product appealing to the eye.  I agree, you could not have placed that tub in a better spot.  You have a beautiful home by the looks of it as well.  

Very nice, and good to be able to finally see the pictures.

tileman

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 06:23:40 am »
hmmmm how much older? 8-)

We're 24, 26, and 27.

tileman

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 06:36:14 am »
Anne his brothers beat him up and locked him in the closet!!

They never locked me in a closet but they sure did do alot of beatin', but that's what big bro's are suppose to do. It's funny though b/c tables turned when I hit puberty. I was not only holding my own but was actually winning some of the fights. Now of course I win them all. I'm 6'1'' 190 lbs, they're 5'8'' 135 lbs and 5'10.5'' 170. I use to weigh 160-165 but got tired of being so thin and not that strong. I've put on 25-30 lbs of muscle in 2.5 years and I'm twice as strong. They don't mess with me too much anymore. :)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 07:23:52 am »
Wes - it looks great!!  I agree with everyone else - that's the perfect spot for it!  Your house looks really nice too!!  Congrats and thanks for posting the pics!

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 08:05:43 am »
Wes,
It looks great there between the windows. One question I have is how far do you have to walk outside to get in the tub? It's hard to judge the distance in the picture. I have discovered that the farther you have to walk outside to get in the tub, the less you seem to use it.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 09:53:19 am »
Thanks to all for your nice compliments about the spa, the setup, and our home. While I wish I had a larger patio or deck to "connect" with, this layout seems to work. It is about a 20' walk from our patio door (located on the left of the widest angled shot) so it is merely a few steps to get from house to spa. That short distance will not discourage us from using it even in the dead of winter. (Christmas is coming and so are heavy terrycloth robes.)

Secondly, Tman, our feet don't get dirty since we wear flip flops out to the tub and stay on the stone path which I installed one weekend after the spa was delivered. Since we have a 3 step staircase, you can take your sandals off while standing on it and immediately enter the water. As you can see, the stone base is completely covered with a thin layer of topsoil which will then be covered by mulch and accented by a couple of ornamental shrubs which I will plant in the spring.

The black and white dog is wearing an "invisible fence" collar which as someone mentioned, keeps the dogs in our backyard without the need for an actual fence. Our neighborhood is mainly unfenced (except for those homes with in-ground pools) with huge 100 year old oak trees (thus our subdivision name Oak Creek) so adding a fence would have destroyed the ambience. Both the dogs are hounds so their noses would take them anywhere at any time so this system is a must. The smaller black and white one is half beagle, half rat terrier and the fat brown and white one is half beagle, half basset hound (a bagel)! They are both good pets and love each other.

And yes, we have used the Tundra for about 2 weeks now. It is an interesting configuration and IMHO the most unique layout of any in the market. I have found more positions to sit in it than an adult movie! I recognize it's not for all people and certainly it is not a low end priced product. We really enjoy the variety of seating, especially the armrests available for each occupant. The four corners are all slightly reclined, all very comfortable, at various heights and each have different feels. I was slightly concerned after buying the unit that the other 3 wall seats were too shallow for cold weather use, but my fears have been put aside as there is only one of the three that is truly too shallow in temps of less than 40. (it is what I call a summer seat since the water only comes up to about your waist.) Plus, the other 2 wall seats have dual vertical jets at different levels which massage your spine for lower back aches.  It has jets for every other part of the body as well including 4 for hips, 2 for thighs, 2 for calves, and 7 for feet. The Orca (volcano) is mounted on the side under the filter compartment, not in the middle of the bottom of the spa as is normally the case. It is also directional and due to the layout of the spa, allows a person who needs aggressive therapy to sit in front of it (but not at full force since the blast could cause injury, no kidding), sit directly above it on the curved lip of the filter compartment to massage a thigh (in case of hamstring injuries) or a calf. It is probably the most powerful jet in the market. When directed upward, the flow of the water (beginning below water line of course) propels 8' across the tub and almost cascades out! It is amazing.

I have found some jets not to be powerful enough for my liking like the ones for the thigh, calves, and hips so the dealer is freely exchanging a few 3" rotationals with directionals which are much more forceful. The spa also (depending on individual taste) required some adjustment of the top level jets if you want a neck or shoulder massage but that was simple. The water maintenance has been a breeze. After every soak, I add in a cap per person of a product Arctic sells called Refresh and then twice a week I add in a little Boost which is a chlorine product. Our water has been crystal clear, the Peak Ozone system seems to be doing a great job, and I never smell chlorine in the water. So all in all, we have been more than pleased with the unit thus far, but as I think we all agree (except for maybe paint) the true test of a quality of a hot tub is the test of time. I will continue to report on this unit, as there are still a lot of Arctic "doubting Thomases" among us. But that is fine, as companies all have to earn their stripes as a long term, reliable vendor of product.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 09:58:13 am by wesj53 »

RobRoy

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 10:23:36 am »
Congrats on the hot tub, pics look great. I think its a great feature on the tub that you can trade jets with your dealer, to ones you like.
The wood cabinet looks great too. Enjoy!

SugarBear

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 10:36:16 am »
Wes, the tub looks great!  It's a perfect setting.  Glad you and the family are enjoying the Tundra.  Happy Tubbing!

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 12:21:58 pm »
I have a Beagle myself, so I know what you mean when you say their noses will take them anywhere anytime..

I also have an invisible fence (although not that brand). The invisible fence is the best money I've ever spent. I have mine wired underground over 1 acre. My little beagle couldn't be happier. Very happy with my underground electric dog fence.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 12:46:14 pm »
Wes, thats a great set up! It really looks nice.

What's that pointy metal thing on your roof?

07 Caldera Geneva

wesj53

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 03:17:47 pm »
Ha! I love your sense of humor drew. At first I asked myself, what is he talking about? Then I checked my pics and started laughing. Yeh, for all you youngins, that thar thing is called an antenna! It was a device used back in the olden days to bring tv signals into your cabin.

Actually, we are on cable here in the western burbs although one tv is still operated so we keep the thing up there. Nice decoration, don't you think? It gives us a sense of uniqueness!!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 03:52:46 pm »
We were poor. We didn't have dem fancy smancy antenneas on da roof.
We had to wrap the rabbit ears with tin foil and then hold them in crazy positions while tuning the UHF button as if you were cracking a safe.  Ahhhhh. Good times.   ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 05:07:48 am »
do you get many channels with that????

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 05:07:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42