What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Eco One  (Read 3789 times)

CapMorgan

Eco One
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:22:25 pm »
Hello all,

I have been thinking of switching to Eco One, has any one tried this, or has heard anything if this type of method really works. The Eco One web site claims it stops itching and help prevents rashes. I been having a big problem with itching at night time after soaking in the hot tub, I have no idea why but if this system works I would consider switching over to it.

Thanks,

CapMorgan

Hot Tub Forum

Eco One
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:22:25 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Eco One
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 04:49:18 am »
Hello all,

I have been thinking of switching to Eco One, has any one tried this, or has heard anything if this type of method really works. The Eco One web site claims it stops itching and help prevents rashes. I been having a big problem with itching at night time after soaking in the hot tub, I have no idea why but if this system works I would consider switching over to it.
Thanks,
CapMorgan

Eco one works great if your usage is light. As your usage increases so does the amount of dichlor that's still required to keep your water bacteria free. In other words it's a slow system. It's also expensive, but to some that's no big deal. Eco one combined with minerals will require absolutly no maintenence except for a once a week addition of chlorine. With light use, if you use your tub everyday it may require chlorine a couple times to 3 times a week.

Have you tryed any lotion after your soak? I have to do that if I soak more than a couple times a week as my skin gets very dry and itchy.
Retired

CapMorgan

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 06:38:33 pm »

Eco one works great if your usage is light. As your usage increases so does the amount of dichlor that's still required to keep your water bacteria free. In other words it's a slow system. It's also expensive, but to some that's no big deal. Eco one combined with minerals will require absolutly no maintenence except for a once a week addition of chlorine. With light use, if you use your tub everyday it may require chlorine a couple times to 3 times a week.

Have you tryed any lotion after your soak? I have to do that if I soak more than a couple times a week as my skin gets very dry and itchy.

I soak almost every day and after I soak I do put a lotion on but it does not help at all with the itching. At first i thought maybe it was from dry skin from all the soaking but I guess  not.

CapMorgan
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:41:02 pm by CapMorgan »

tileman

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 06:44:26 pm »
Hello all,

Thanks,

CapMorgan

What is your current sanitizer?
How much and when are you adding it?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 06:51:33 pm »

I soak almost every day and after I soak I do put a lotion on but it does not help at all with the itching. At first i thought maybe it was from dry skin from all the soaking but I guess  not.

CapMorgan

I will always reccomend in this situation, to see a doctor first. Exyema will not go away by switching to Eco One. Eczema (spelling) Is caused by many things and only treated on way. Drinking water helps, lessening extreme temperature changes, hot to cold, cold to hot and moistening your skin with lotion all help, but a prescription is required to eliminate it. I'm not saying this is your problem but you don't know what your problem is and your assuming it's your sanitation regmine. What is your sanitation regmine anyway?
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 06:52:47 pm »
Hello all,

What is your current sanitizer?
How much and when are you adding it?

hehehe tileman!!!!!
Retired

tileman

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 07:03:58 pm »

hehehe tileman!!!!!

Hey, that's my post.

CapMorgan

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 10:57:20 pm »
Tman122 & Tileman

I have been using the Vermonter Method for my sanitation but because of my itching I changed to what my owner’s manual suggested to do, which is put the Dichlor in before soaking but that does not work either. I have a 360 gallon tub and I put in ½ teaspoon of Dichlor in and shock once a week using 5 ¼ teaspoons.

My itching is so bad that I do have an appointment this Monday with the dermatologist to make sure it nothing severe.

What is Eczema?

CapMorgan

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 06:10:52 pm »
Tman122 & Tileman
What is Eczema?

CapMorgan

Its a skin condition, usualy there's red spots or blotches associated with it but it is very itchy. And a hot tub can make it flare up. I have it, and if I use my tub more than 2-3 times a week it gets worse and worse until a prescription is required to clear it up. In the winter it gets worse as the temperature changes are more severe. I find drinking loads of water has helped tremendously, and limiting the amount of times I jump off my deck into the snowbank (I mean get inside and dress, spend less time outside after a soak) severe temperature changes.

Add your dichlor after your soak, idealy you want to soak chlorine free or close and sanitize after your soak.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 09:58:00 pm »
I suggest you consider BaquaSpa.  My wife has sensative skin, can barely tolerate halogens, and loves her BaquaSpa hot tub water.  It is a softer water experience.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 05:39:19 am »
I suggest you consider BaquaSpa.  My wife has sensative skin, can barely tolerate halogens, and loves her BaquaSpa hot tub water.  It is a softer water experience.

Yea but he uses his tub everyday, and unless your very clean going in and maintain your water perfectly Baqua may look a bit grungy all the time, but if that don't bother you fine.
Retired

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 09:40:53 am »
If you are interested in Eco One, check out the info at Doc's site regarding the Natural.  They are very similar and there are visitors to his forum that are users and swear by it.  Eco One and the Natural are enzyme systems and are bacteriacides, but need a little dichlor to make them a truely effective sanitizer.  They also seem to work best at a little higher pH.  Like Nature2, I consider them a good companion to dichlor.

BTW, these enzymes are not the same as the enzyme additives to control soaps and oils such as LeisureTime Enzyme or Spa Perfect.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 09:40:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42