What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: best online for chemicals  (Read 4423 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: best online for chemicals
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:49:37 pm »

Leslies is good for some chems but their dichlor is low end stuff. I use some of their chems myself and use the trichlor for the pool. Leslies sometimes has some great sales so if you happen to catch one, prices can be really cheap.

But the dichlor is 52% active chlorine ... Doc sells 62%, you use less to get the same PPM. But if you do the math and it comes out about the same or cheaper ...

The Leslie's hear in St. Louis carries Leisure Time products(what I presently use) and their dichlor is 55% available chlorine. Also LT's dichlor is 99% sodiumdichloro-s-triazinetrione dihhdrate with only 1% inert ingredients while All Clear's dichlor is 97% and 3%. Not sure if that makes a big difference but seems like it would be more pure to me.

It starts out more pure initially, 2% purer but it has 7% less chlorine ... it is filler or something. I think that this would make it less pure ounce for ounce.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:49:37 pm »

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 10:36:35 pm »
Check out  Meyer Enterprises.  I found them on Ebay.  Great prices, fast shipping.  I've only used them once, in order to try some new things (N2 and MPS) at a great price.  

I have been using Meyer for some time now.  Also found them on Ebay.  We use the Leisure Time products and he has great prices.  I tend to order several things at once as the more you order, the better the shipping.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 11:17:36 pm »
not only can I not find online dealers with cheap shipping to canada, but my local area does not have dichlor.  All that I seem to see is trichlor chlorine at local hot tub shops.  Even arctic brands trichlor chlorine, so I stick with bromine.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 11:18:02 pm »
I always try to support my local dealer. Doc's site is good if you want to go online. I also found this site which has good prices for HotSpring items.

http://www.spastore.com/
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 11:23:45 pm »
I agree with supporting my local dealer, but sometimes, an online deal is really nice.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 08:01:33 am »
When I buy from Doc, I feel like I'm supporting my local dealer......
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 08:01:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42