What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Turkey Hot Tub  (Read 12049 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re:  The Turkey Hot Tub
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 11:25:38 am »
Thanks Anne, I probably was more fearful than anything, I wanted to at least be able to offer the paramedics some turkey while they tended to my "cooks"...Thank goodness nothing blew up...I have a real healthy fear of propane and an even greater fear when my hubby is in charge!  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 11:25:38 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 11:27:39 am »
Thanks Anne, I probably was more fearful than anything, I wanted to at least be able to offer the paramedics some turkey while they tended to my "cooks"...Thank goodness nothing blew up...I have a real healthy fear of propane and an even greater fear when my hubby is in charge!  ;)

Hey, you can't blame the hubby for that one! BTW, my first guess was closest. What do I win?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 12:15:29 pm »
My good friend had to call me this weekend and remind me of my turkey fry, two Thanksgivings ago...We both bought the $80.00 handy dandy delux turkey fryers...and $25.00 of peanut oil...my husband even bought a new dedicated gas tank to hook to the turkey fryer. I fought this project from the beginning...I am not a real fan of frying and my husband is an accident waiting to happen :o...so fire, hot oil, gas tank :o :o...I was imagining a loooong hospital stay.  Anyway, everything was set and the entire family watched the dipping of the fowl :-?...and redipping of the fowl and redipping and redipping >:(. My friend had finished her dinner, did the dishes and was well into desert and we were still dipping.  >:( :-[ The oil never reached the right temperature, the turkey was a soggy oily mess..after hours in the fryer, but never quite frying.  Wise hostess that I was...I had an extra turkey in the oven, so dinner was not a complete failure.

It took me 2 days to figure out what happened....any guesses?

You are braver than me. I would never had tried out such a different way of cooking a bird on the biggest formal dinner event of the year.  

I would have done a "practice run" well before T-day. ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 12:18:26 pm »
OK, you win...if I didn't throw out that whole mess..oil and all, you would have won a slightly used handy dandy deluxe turkey fryer complete with gallons and gallons of peanut oil (slightly used and contaminated with turkey skin). Insead you definately win the troubleshooter award for this week...which probably explains why you are a great spa technician.. ;) and I bet you actually love that part of your job...fixin is one thing, knowing how to find the problem is an art!  :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 12:21:37 pm »
You threw out the fryer? Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

The fryers are fantastic!  When we' re not frying turkeys, we're boiling lobstahs and steamahs.  The turkey fryer is one of America's greatest inventions!
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 12:23:35 pm »
Well Drew, I did cook another turkey...just in case (I promoted my turkey as the alternative since it was stuffed and my hubby's turkey wasn't). Heck his turkey wasn't even cooked... ;D ;D...
I read an article that the first Thanksgiving probably really was a seafood feast, clams, lobster, and the like...now that's my kind of feast.... ;)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 12:25:17 pm »
Oh, Spa tech..you have the trouble shooting thing down, but the marriage thing...didn't you read that clause in the agreement....when something goes wrong (after the wife's strong warnings), IT IS ALWAYS THE HUSBANDS FAULT...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 12:31:27 pm »
Oh, Spa tech..you have the trouble shooting thing down, but the marriage thing...didn't you read that clause in the agreement....when something goes wrong (after the wife's strong warnings), IT IS ALWAYS THE HUSBANDS FAULT...

No, I didn't realize it at the time but as with most marriages I learned it soon enough. The other amazing thing I learned was to know when to throw in the towel because she's more stubborn than I am (and that's saying something) and in the end it just isn't going to get me anywhere and only makes matters worse.

"Yes dear"!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 12:40:04 pm »

No, I didn't realize it at the time but as with most marriages I learned it soon enough. The other amazing thing I learned was to know when to throw in the towel because she's more stubborn than I am (and that's saying something) and in the end it just isn't going to get me anywhere and only makes matters worse.

"Yes dear"!

Insert whipping sound here.   ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 12:40:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42