What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: filter ring goo- help???  (Read 4790 times)

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Re: filter ring goo- help???
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 06:31:20 pm »
would it not be possible to gash it with some water each time you use the hot tub?
the treated water should take care of the problem.
I think that it is the same problem some people have under there cover.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 06:31:20 pm »

anne

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 09:03:56 pm »
This would be my $0.02 solution. On a weekly basis, when shocking with dichlor, I would remove it and dip it in the superchlorinated water upside down. Let is stay there for a minute or so and let the chlorine kill the buggers. If you're doing it on a weekly basis, the buildup shouldn't be to the yucky stage. I tend to do that with my filter cover every shock just to keep it from getting bad.

That would be a great idea, and i considered it, except for 2 things:

1 I generally shock with MPS, not dichlor
2 The stuff sort of sticks in there, so just swirling chlorinated water in there wont necessarily get rid of the adhesed goo.

I think my plan for now unless something better presents itself is to wrap a pencil in a small rag with bleach water up in there once weekly.

Yesterday morning I checked to see what it was looking like- there is still a fine irregular layer of tan/grey film, but it has no odor this time. Perhaps is it more "soap scum"ish than anything. I have no other build up of stuff anywhere in the tub itself though.
Dance like nobody's watching

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 09:04:01 am »

FWIW, I did a water change this weekend, and pull out the round filter floater ringy doo dad thingy lip  to see what was up. I didn't have any "goo"  but did notice a slight build up of residue. It was white-ish, and struck me as a kind of a dried up  gunk.  A few swipes of a Mr Clean Magic eraser cleaned it up nicely. I wasn't haveing any water problems, or  ever checked it before (almost 2 years) but  since Anne's post, I deceided I should see what mine looked like.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 09:04:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42