What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie pH problem  (Read 3802 times)

Lakedaisy

Re: Newbie pH problem
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 08:52:12 am »
Thanks all.  One thing I have learned here is to let things go a few days before re-checking.  
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 08:52:45 am by Lakedaisy »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 08:52:12 am »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 06:36:13 pm »
I just finished refilling my spa.  Ph is on the low side (7.2).  Experience says wait before adjusting.  By tomorrow morning, Ph will be 8+.  My TA is probably around 300.  I adjust slowly since I only have time on weekends.  By the time my Ph is solidly within range it'll be time to change the water again (4 months).

Just as I predicted - off the scale high 8.2+.  The best thing is to learn your water.  No one else's is the same.

tileman

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 06:43:51 pm »
I just finished refilling my spa.  Ph is on the low side (7.2).  Experience says wait before adjusting.  By tomorrow morning, Ph will be 8+.  My TA is probably around 300.  I adjust slowly since I only have time on weekends.  By the time my Ph is solidly within range it'll be time to change the water again (4 months).

Just as I predicted - off the scale high 8.2+.  The best thing is to learn your water.  No one else's is the same.

Have you tried getting your alk down first?

IDW

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 06:49:21 pm »
Try making sure your air intakes are shut off when not using the tub. Airating water will cause ph to raise

Lakedaisy

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 07:58:12 pm »
Things seem to be going ok w/ my spa water.  pH staying around 7.4-7.5, TA 100,  calcium 130.  Trying to get the dichlor right now.

I was putting 2 tsp each night when my wife and get out.  I haven't been testing the water chlorine level 15 minutes and 2 hours later as suggested by the 'Northman style' - which I have decided to try.  Anyway after putting 2 tsp in last night the chlorine was at 13ppm 15 minutes later. And 5ppm 2 hours later.

Tonight I only put 1 tsp in after we both got out.  Chlorine was 5pp 15 minutes later and 2ppm 2 hrs later.   I'm planning on trying this a few days to see if the chlorine stays about the same.  Sound right?

tileman

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 09:40:16 pm »
Things seem to be going ok w/ my spa water.  pH staying around 7.4-7.5, TA 100,  calcium 130.  Trying to get the dichlor right now.

I was putting 2 tsp each night when my wife and get out.  I haven't been testing the water chlorine level 15 minutes and 2 hours later as suggested by the 'Northman style' - which I have decided to try.  Anyway after putting 2 tsp in last night the chlorine was at 13ppm 15 minutes later. And 5ppm 2 hours later.

Tonight I only put 1 tsp in after we both got out.  Chlorine was 5pp 15 minutes later and 2ppm 2 hrs later.   I'm planning on trying this a few days to see if the chlorine stays about the same.  Sound right?

Sounds like things are starting to come together for you. GOOD JOB!
Keep testing for a few days more to see if that 1 tsp regimen is the right one. After that you should be good to go. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 09:40:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42