What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water test kit  (Read 2074 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Water test kit
« on: November 26, 2006, 04:27:48 pm »
What is a fair price for a Taylor test kit? I have a test kit but its hard to read. Its really for a pool. I always have to scale down the amounts.

Hot Tub Forum

Water test kit
« on: November 26, 2006, 04:27:48 pm »

anne

Re: Water test kit
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 04:45:45 pm »
I bought mine from doc's site(rhtubs.com), and I do not remember the price, but it seemed competitive and fair. It is the 2005 kit that Vinny raves about. :D
Dance like nobody's watching

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 05:07:39 pm »
Doc sells it for about $50.

The best part about it is all the reagents are available for refill and it's good for both tub and pool.

I even bought the huge 2 oz refills of R-0001 & R-0002 to test chlorine with. I did screw up and bought 2 small bottles of R-0014 instead of the big bottle of R-0004 but I have another tester and am using that for the PH.

tileman

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 06:31:34 pm »
What is a fair price for a Taylor test kit? I have a test kit but its hard to read. Its really for a pool. I always have to scale down the amounts.

I'm not sure how comfortable you are with shopping online (I try not to, plus I needed it right away) but  I got my Taylor #2005 kit at Leslie's(down the street) for $39.95.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 06:35:05 pm by tileman »

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 06:36:27 pm »
Thanks Anne, Vinny, tileman. I'll check it out. I have one, its just a pain in the you know what to use. There has to be something easier.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 06:39:21 pm »
Hey Galen, if you have seen any of my previous posts, you will notice that I don't have a clue what I'm doing as far as my hot tub goes....and yet....I can do Taylor Tests with no problem...that's how easy they are!
 ;D

tileman

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 06:41:14 pm »
Thanks Anne, Vinny, tileman. I'll check it out. I have one, its just a pain in the you know what to use. There has to be something easier.

Your welcome.
What seems to give you problems?

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 06:47:12 pm »
Well, its not testing the PH, hell thats easy. Chlorine is easy. Now when it come to T A,  its a pain. I don't test for it that often but its almost a guess as to what it actually it is from the scale. Thats funny Lurking Gal

tileman

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 06:52:22 pm »
Well, its not testing the PH, hell thats easy. Chlorine is easy. Now when it come to T A,  its a pain. I don't test for it that often but its almost a guess as to what it actually it is from the scale. Thats funny Lurking Gal

Yeah it took me a couple of times to tell when it changed from blue to red too. Just make sure after each drop to really give it a good swirl to get it thoroughly mixed.
I think it's 10x easier than trying to read those damn test strips.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 06:52:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42