What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Live hottub cam  (Read 18470 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Live hottub cam
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:30:41 pm »
Well, I finally got the tub cam on. Its easy to view. Just click on the login button. you don't have to click the behind firewall box unless you want to. If you don't have the latest and greatest IE it will ask if its ok to load the active X plugin. This is my personal server so you don't have to worry about software. Once you have video, its best to leave the resolution at 360x243. Then if you want a bigger picture just click the extension box from x1 to x2 and that will double the size of the picture. Remember, its totally dark in my backyard, so your seeing a IR picture. When the sun comes up tomorrow it will be color. My daughter and friend are getting in tonight.   Heres the link  http://72.129.165.146/login.ml
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:43:07 pm by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Live hottub cam
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:30:41 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Live hottub cam
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 07:49:24 pm »
Looks a bit windy.
Retired

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 07:52:38 pm »
I just looked on the radar, a storm is coming.

tileman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 08:03:06 pm »
Galen, that's really cool. 8-)
I think I just saw you walk outside and talk with the girls in your tub.
Did you wave to us as you were walking back in?

tileman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:11:14 pm »
It looks like their playing tag. ;D

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 08:45:47 pm »
My husband would be in sooooo much trouble if he installed a webcam on the hot tub.  Some things are just not meant to be seen on the net and my tub activites are one of them.   :)

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 09:08:12 pm »
Its called an off switch. Easy to operate and does wonders for privacy

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 09:40:08 pm »
galen,
The cam looks great. It's a breezy night in your neighborhood.

What brand and model are you using? I'm not too happy with mine. I've got a Linksys Internet WVC200 camera that supposedly is sensitive to IR but when the sun goes down, you see nothing. How is it during the day? Do the colors render correctly? All foliage on my camera appears as a pinkish purple. I had Linksys replace it but the replacement also has the same problem. Linksys' Forum indicates many of us have this problem.  
I have an ongoing rant with Linksys about it but complaints fall on deaf ears. It would be nice to hear a success story.

Phil
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:41:42 pm by Phil_ »
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:51:48 pm »
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was going to get a linksys but I read the reviews and didn't like what I was reading. Linksys should take that camera off the market. The system I have is independant of the two, one being the web server and the other being the camera. I can use any camera I want.  The web server is just that. It servs up what you connect to it. I can connect up to 6 camera but you then cut the refresh rat in half each time to add a camera. so two cameras would have a frame per second of 15 one would be 30 and 6 -would 5 frames a second. Next month I'll connect a pan tilt zoom camera with a 23X zoom lens. You will be able to see the deer on my neighbors farm.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 10:02:03 pm »
When I bought my camera, there were only a few reviews out and they tended to be positive. Oh well. It does have a built-in web server which is nice and I use DynDNS.com so others can access it from the internet. Originally used Linksys' Sololink dns service but that stopped working for no apparent reason and tech support played dumb. Linksys is going downhill fast.

You have my curiosity up! What is the make and model of the camera?

Phil

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 10:09:43 pm »
NE-Phill since this is not tub related  (the cam is pointed at a hottub) why don't you pm me. And I'll tell you all about it.  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:26:02 pm by galen »

xrdirthead

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 11:15:15 pm »
Someone stole the tub and replaced it with bird feeders, a grill and some patio furniture.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 11:33:12 pm »
Someone stole the tub and replaced it with bird feeders, a grill and some patio furniture.
No, it's there, hiding behind the patio furniture. It might be wearing camo!  ;D

Phil

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 06:55:01 am »
   My wife would shoot me if I did anything like that!! I know you could shut it off if you want privacy but with my luck I would forget and everyone could see the activities.  :o ::) ;D

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 07:22:15 am »
And.......what's the purpose for having a camera on your hot tub?  Not sure I get what the purpose is.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 07:22:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42