What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Weight loss from soaking?  (Read 8555 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Weight loss from soaking?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 02:02:06 pm »
Thanks Tony.

Intersting. I personally don't  think that there's anything substantial behind this. As it's seven years old and really the onlyplace I find reference to this is on hot tub sites.  ;)

I bristle at such word use as:

...help to diminish the appearance of...

...recent studies have proven that the regular use of hot tubs can aid in the reduction of weight....

Help to diminish the apperance of?  Did a laywer write that sentence? By standing next to really fat people, I help to dimish the apperance of fat too.  ;)

The second statement I call shenigans on. It has been PROVEN?   No way.  "can aid in"  How so?  

Thanks for the pointers though. It's given me a place to start.  :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 04:23:12 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 02:02:06 pm »

anne

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 11:20:26 pm »
Soaking in hot water also makes you more intelligent by improving brain circulation and removing brain toxins! Recent research indicated the potential rejuvenation of dead brain cells killed by overconsumption of alcohol. In some studies, spas were found to cure scabies, ring worm and inflammatory bowel disease! Though your results may vary, an estimated 5% of regular spa goers can expect to reduce their need for sleep by 1 hour per night, and have approximately 10% better libido!
Dance like nobody's watching

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 09:38:09 am »
...an estimated 5% of regular spa goers can expect to reduce their need for sleep by 1 hour per night, and have approximately 10% better libido!

Uh oh!  That's a dangerous combination Anne! ;D
Less sleep - but the same amount of time in bed... Hmmm.  Makes me tired just thinking about it!  ;)
...because integrity's the key

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 10:05:22 am »
Soaking in hot water also makes you more intelligent by improving brain circulation and removing brain toxins! Recent research indicated the potential rejuvenation of dead brain cells killed by overconsumption of alcohol. In some studies, spas were found to cure scabies, ring worm and inflammatory bowel disease! Though your results may vary, an estimated 5% of regular spa goers can expect to reduce their need for sleep by 1 hour per night, and have approximately 10% better libido!

;D ;D ;D

I'm sure Brookenstein would agree too--that increased libido will also raise your blood flow, thus increasing metabolism, promoting clearer skin and reduction of weight, not to mention the GREAT muscle toning you get.  When done with the lights out, the appearance of cellulite is remarkably  :o diminished....

Dang--these hot-tubbers are on to something!  
We have the cure for everything we need right in our own backyards!   I better get back outside right now.  ;)
2005 HS Vanguard

tileman

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 12:23:50 am »
Well, I think my weight los has come to a halt.  The total amount lost was 5 lbs in about 3 weeks. It's been 6 days since I've lost or gained a lb. I guess my original theory about it being water weight was right. Just thought I'd give y'all an update. :)

I'm sure this will all be different after tomorrow. ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:28:55 am by tileman »

tileman

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2006, 11:16:46 pm »
Well, I think my weight los has come to a halt.  The total amount lost was 5 lbs in about 3 weeks. It's been 6 days since I've lost or gained a lb. I guess my original theory about it being water weight was right. Just thought I'd give y'all an update. :)

Well I just got home from eating two turkey dinners and sure enough those 5 lbs are back. Gotta love the holidays. :)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 10:31:48 am »

I think what happens is your weight loss has caught up with your metabolism increase. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 10:31:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42