What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hotspring Spa Question  (Read 3473 times)

mgtywarrior

New Hotspring Spa Question
« on: November 12, 2006, 12:54:35 am »
I am looking to purchase a new Hotspring spa. I am interested to know if the price in the showroom is what you get or is it acceptable to deal?

Hot Tub Forum

New Hotspring Spa Question
« on: November 12, 2006, 12:54:35 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: New Hotspring Spa Question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 01:09:21 am »
It all depends on the dealer. Some of them will negotiate. What prices were you quoted?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 01:17:12 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tileman

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 08:08:25 am »
I am looking to purchase a new Hotspring spa. I am interested to know if the price in the showroom is what you get or is it acceptable to deal?

We need their price quotes from you in order to answer this. Like Gomboman said some dealers will negotiate and some won't. My particular dealer didn't but they were already low right out the box. Their prices were comparable to people here and on other forums. Also, they let me see their last 6 months of sales which really suprised me but it never hurts to ask. Their sold prices of all models were identical up until about two months ago due to a $300 price increase. I was fortunate enough to get the old pricing eventhough I purchased mine about 5 weeks ago. This was because I had been looking at there spas since August.
 If their prices are locked like mine were, try to get them to through in extras. Such as upgraded ozone, upgr. cover, upgr. steps, chemicals, towels, etc.. This is what I did and it worked. Here's how, I let them know that I was comparing them to all the dealers around them and would talk about some of the other tubs features that I really liked. This kept THEM on THEIR toes and not vice versa. Also I visited my now dealer 6 times (2 wet test sessions) before purchasing. I wasn't lying to them about anything, I was telling these things to all 8 dealers I visited because I really did like certain things from different manufacturers. I just wanted to see who was the most flexible, or if at all.
I hope this helps,
Chad

BTW, the worst thing you can do is rush. Just start wet testing reputable dealers' spas until one feels perfect to your pariticular body. This is the only way you'll be able to tell if a spa is right for you. How much money you want to spend will be your only problem from there.  ;D

mgtywarrior

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:23:25 am »
I am being quoted about $9,500. for either the envoy and Grandee. Come with the lifter and ozone.

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 01:33:46 am »
What kind of lifter?  The Cover Cradle is a much nicer and better lifter than others.  Some dealers throw in the cheap ones that have a bar that goes across the middle of the cover.  The Cover Cradle uses gas shocks and mounts into the side of the cover.   This will add to the price.  If that is the lifter, I'd say not too bad of a price.  Of course, part of that depends on where you live as freight gets more expensive the further east you go.  You might be able to do a little better on price.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Balsam41

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 04:34:33 am »
I just took delivery of an Envoy (friday) :)
Paid $8500 With steps and cover lift.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 09:08:25 am »
My dealer currently has those tubs going for over $10,000.  I'm in the Twin Cities.

The $9,500 was last year's pricing.  In fact, $9,800 was what they were going for May/June 2006.
2005 HS Vanguard

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 02:25:32 pm »

If their prices are locked like mine were, try to get them to through in extras. Such as upgraded ozone, upgr. cover, upgr. steps, chemicals, towels, etc.. .

Ozone is standard on all HotSpring spas and I don't know of any "upgraded" covers on HS  :-?

People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

hotstuffbaby

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 12:42:57 am »
How about prices on the new 2007 Aria model?  It sure has some nice features, but it's a bit smaller in size.  Are all these going for more than $10,000?  I know it all depends upon the market in different geographic regions, but what are the dealers asking in YOUR area for this one?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 12:45:44 am »
We are getting $9500 to $10,000 for the Aria in northern CA
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 07:08:44 am »
Happy Turkey Day!

It doesn't seem out of whack. If you have the 28" for the CoverCradle to operate, it's the best lifter. If you like the dealer, buy it! Factory shutdown coming.......if you want your spa. ;) 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 07:11:14 am by hottub.pool_boy »
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 07:08:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42