What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hey ya'll 2  (Read 6309 times)

tileman

hey ya'll 2
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:36:37 am »
For some reason i'm not able to post on the original hey ya'll.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Hot Tub Forum

hey ya'll 2
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:36:37 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: hey ya'll 2
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:42:20 am »
Yeah, there's a little pad lock next to the file, the topic has been locked since it seemed to be turning into a religous debate.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 10:46:08 am by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:45:36 am »
sorry, that was probably mostly due to me. I didn't mean to start a religious debate. IT should have been moved to the BS section.

I appologize for jhijacking yet another thread. ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

tileman

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:48:45 am »
sorry, that was probably mostly due to me. I didn't mean to start a religious debate. IT should have been moved to the BS section.

I appologize for jhijacking yet another thread. ::)

No biggie, I just PMed you to clear things up. :)

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 11:41:20 am »
My thoughts on being open on Sunday.  

I will have to say this thread is interesting.  I can understand that spa only stores could be closed on Sunday’s, but if I owned a business I would be open on the Sunday.  I understand that most spa only stores probably would not lose a lot of sales because most people shopping for such a large ticket item will shop around and come in when you are available.  

However, if you are selling spas, pools, and chemicals, the business should be open on Sunday’s.  Here is why:  you are going to have walk in traffic for chemicals and when a customer wants a chemical they will just go to the next closest dealer if you are closed.  I know many one store dealers that do well over $500K in pool/spa chemicals alone.  Of which usually about 50% is from weekend sales.  Would you take $125K in revenue off your plate from Sunday sales?  That is just on chemicals.  Assume if you sell 12 extra spas (One a month and a pretty small amount) in the year that is an extra $90K in revenue.  That is all $$$$ that you did not have before.  Looking for extra revenue?  It is as easy as opening on Sunday’s.

One other thing about being open on Sunday, name one major retailer other than Chic-Fil-A that is closed on Sunday’s.  To be competitive, you need to act like other retailers.  If my business was closed Sunday, I would try for a 6 month period being open on Sunday’s and see the amount of sales you generate.  It would probably open your eyes.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 12:27:27 pm »
We are closed on Sunday so we can go to Heaven.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 12:33:24 pm »
In the first year that I worked for the Jacuzzi Dealer in Indianapolis, we (they) were open on Sunday. As the store manager, I tracked our daily sales. Of the 145 spas sold THREE were on Sunday, and most Sunday's I sat staring at the front door waiting for somebody, ANYBODY to come in. That is a waste of MY time. Now, here in my new Sales Mgmt. position, I will track the same and make adjustments accordingly. I can tell you since I started here, Oct 1, I have worked every Sunday. We have sold 4 hot tubs in 7 Sundays. I'll be counting. Oh, and if you are copying your competitors, you are NOT differentiating your self from them in your market, you are merely following them. To lead your market you must do things differently than the other guy.

My thoughts on being open on Sunday.  

I will have to say this thread is interesting.  I can understand that spa only stores could be closed on Sunday’s, but if I owned a business I would be open on the Sunday.  I understand that most spa only stores probably would not lose a lot of sales because most people shopping for such a large ticket item will shop around and come in when you are available.  

However, if you are selling spas, pools, and chemicals, the business should be open on Sunday’s.  Here is why:  you are going to have walk in traffic for chemicals and when a customer wants a chemical they will just go to the next closest dealer if you are closed.  I know many one store dealers that do well over $500K in pool/spa chemicals alone.  Of which usually about 50% is from weekend sales.  Would you take $125K in revenue off your plate from Sunday sales?  That is just on chemicals.  Assume if you sell 12 extra spas (One a month and a pretty small amount) in the year that is an extra $90K in revenue.  That is all $$$$ that you did not have before.  Looking for extra revenue?  It is as easy as opening on Sunday’s.

One other thing about being open on Sunday, name one major retailer other than Chic-Fil-A that is closed on Sunday’s.  To be competitive, you need to act like other retailers.  If my business was closed Sunday, I would try for a 6 month period being open on Sunday’s and see the amount of sales you generate.  It would probably open your eyes.

anne

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 11:14:42 pm »
Oh, and if you are copying your competitors, you are NOT differentiating your self from them in your market, you are merely following them. To lead your market you must do things differently than the other guy.

But if are closed on a major shopping day of the week, then you are more limited than your competition, so in retail/service, you often wont do as well. You just have to choose what is more important to you, and it is not fair to expect the rest of the world to have your same views. If the cost of not being open on a sunday is worth it, then a business owner has the right to close his doors. I wont begrudge him/her that, but he/she also wont be getting much of my business if I work M-F.
Dance like nobody's watching

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 12:09:05 am »
OK, I see so you all will not shop on Saturday, it just damn sure has to be Sunday hmmmm. How about this, tell all your little league and pop warner coaches that you want the games your children play to be played on Sundays since that's more convenient for you, see how that flys.

Oh, and if you are copying your competitors, you are NOT differentiating your self from them in your market, you are merely following them. To lead your market you must do things differently than the other guy.

But if are closed on a major shopping day of the week, then you are more limited than your competition, so in retail/service, you often wont do as well. You just have to choose what is more important to you, and it is not fair to expect the rest of the world to have your same views. If the cost of not being open on a sunday is worth it, then a business owner has the right to close his doors. I wont begrudge him/her that, but he/she also wont be getting much of my business if I work M-F.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 12:10:39 am »
Dang it, I knew I was going to be doomed to the firey lake. I hate wailing and nashing of theeth!

Terminator

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 12:19:20 am »
Dang, sorry I ever brought up the Sunday issue. All I ever said was the owner INSISTS on being open.... Actually, I'm NOT sorry.

tileman

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 12:21:05 am »
OK, I see so you all will not shop on Saturday, it just damn sure has to be Sunday hmmmm. How about this, tell all your little league and pop warner coaches that you want the games your children play to be played on Sundays since that's more convenient for you, see how that flys.

Hey man, GIVE IT UP!
We are all entitled to our opinions and different beliefs.

scott6363

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 12:24:20 am »

Terminator
I would not buy a spa from you, Because this is a leisure item and I will not take a day off work for you to make a profit,
And BTW you signing "Terminator" at the end of every post you make is annoying.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 01:57:37 am »

Terminator
I would not buy a spa from you, Because this is a leisure item and I will not take a day off work for you to make a profit,

I'm with you, partially. I don't understand how a spa store can be closed on Sunday and agree that while some don't want to shop on Sunday it is VERY convenient for many others. However, I don't get upset with those who think otherwise (nor would I make petty remarks about their username as I think it takes away from an otherwise very valid post).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 08:51:43 am »

Terminator

In more than a year and a thousand posts, nobody else has ever said that.  This is something of a close, but not closed community. It is part of his personality and most come to accept that. It certainly doesn't detract from his posts in anyway. Now his flagrant promotion of those filthy cigars, now that is irratating  ;)

Chill just a bit and welcome.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 08:51:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42