What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Prodigy gurgling sound  (Read 3565 times)

usnrret

Prodigy gurgling sound
« on: November 20, 2006, 07:01:42 pm »
I have an 06 Prodigy and when only the circ pump is running it makes a gurgling sound.  Could there be air in the plumbing?  I noticed this after I did a drain and refill.  I did it according to the manual.

Hot Tub Forum

Prodigy gurgling sound
« on: November 20, 2006, 07:01:42 pm »

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
Re: Prodigy gurgling sound
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 07:06:42 pm »
sounds like water to me. It should clear itself after running for awhile.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:16:49 pm »
gurgling...don't be alarmed. If it's made by HotSprings then it's part of the design (no extra charge) :-/

This also applies to their other spas as well. It usually clears after a few days to a few weeks.

A guy that I know, was so tired of hearing the gurgling sounds... that he disconnected the ozonator and check valve.

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:16:37 pm »
I posted a similar question about my Sundance a few weeks back right after I got the tub.  The circ pump sounded like a coffee perk and I was getting large bubbles out of the circ/ozone return line.  

The helpful people here told me that it was air trapped in the lines and offered a few suggestions on how to fix it.  What eventually worked for me was to losen the diverter valve (remove the handle and unscrew the top part way) so that the air can excape.  Then run the jets for a bit.  Worked like a charm!  No more Maxwell House commercial while I'm soaking. ;D

Good luck!
...because integrity's the key

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 12:31:34 pm »
What eventually worked for me was to losen the diverter valve (remove the handle and unscrew the top part way) so that the air can excape.  Then run the jets for a bit.  Worked like a charm!  No more Maxwell House commercial while I'm soaking. ;D

Good luck!
SW, are you saying you first pop off the diverter knob (like, with a flat screwdriver or something?) and then you can unscrew the actual valve underneath the knob?  I assume you don't want to run the pumps when the diverter is loosened?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 01:00:53 pm »
SW, are you saying you first pop off the diverter knob (like, with a flat screwdriver or something?) and then you can unscrew the actual valve underneath the knob?  I assume you don't want to run the pumps when the diverter is loosened?

Hi, Paul.
Pretty much, yes.  The diverter knob is large enough that I could grip it and wiggle it off of its mounting post (no screwdriver needed) and then the housing for the valve itself unscrews much like a mason jar - or removing an exchangable jet.  I removed the valve altogether with the jets off, then screwed it back in part way and turned my pump on low speed.  This allowed some water to bubble up into the valve and out past the threads eliminating the air pocket.  I would NOT recommend trying the same thing with the jets on high as the pressure could damage the plastic diverter valve - or at least give you a shower that you really didn't need! ;)

I have no idea if all diverters use the same configuration or if this trick would work on other models of tub, but it sure solved the problem for me.

BTW, if you're the kind of person who has leftover parts when you assemble a barbeque, don't remove the valve all the way!! ::)  For it to work properly, you need to reinstall the valve in the same alignment that it came out - which may not be as easy as it sounds....  Just loosen the valve so that air can escape and then tighten it back down again.
...because integrity's the key

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 01:00:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42