What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Winter shocking-Cover open for whole hour?  (Read 5598 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Winter shocking-Cover open for whole hour?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 06:06:37 am »
no anne, I mean a boost cycle.  For the Arctic, you hold down pump 2 button for 5 seconds. You will see your display read boo.  This is a filter cycle, it is recommended for adding chemicals to the tub.  Every time I get out of tub and shock I hit this.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 06:06:37 am »

anne

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 12:39:43 pm »
no anne, I mean a boost cycle.  For the Arctic, you hold down pump 2 button for 5 seconds. You will see your display read boo.  This is a filter cycle, it is recommended for adding chemicals to the tub.  Every time I get out of tub and shock I hit this.

Right! I forgot about that. I used to do that, but it only turns on pump #1 for 45 minutes, and I decided I wanted the newly chlorinated water to circulate everywhere, so I turn all three on, making sure when I get out that all three diverters are midway, and I let them all go for 20minutes. (Then they go off of their own) Do you suppose this is a bad idea? I felt a little environmentally irresponsible using the extra energy, but I'm not sure that pump 1 on high for 45minutes is all that different than all three on low for 20 minutes.
Dance like nobody's watching

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 02:23:53 pm »
Environmentally friendly???? Why even have a tub in the first place??  I agree though, it shouldnt matter what one you do.  Actually, I like your idea better.  Heres to new beginnings.

anne

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 02:55:57 pm »
Environmentally friendly???? Why even have a tub in the first place??  I agree though, it shouldnt matter what one you do.  Actually, I like your idea better.  Heres to new beginnings.

Yeah, that is the thing......in the big picture I'm already committing environmental sin. I also have a 30 minute commute, eat meat, and cannot seem to compost to save my life (I tried). BUT I recycle, turn off lights, go easy on the heat and A/C and try to tread as lightly on the earth as I can.

tileman

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 04:36:45 pm »

Yeah, that is the thing......in the big picture I'm already committing environmental sin. I also have a 30 minute commute, eat meat, and cannot seem to compost to save my life (I tried). BUT I recycle, turn off lights, go easy on the heat and A/C and try to tread as lightly on the earth as I can.

Just being curiuos, are you from California Anne?

anne

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:24 pm »

Just being curiuos, are you from California Anne?

LOL- Bingo- born and raised in the SF bay area. Mom works in Berkeley for the university. Went to UC Davis. Grew up in a house heated only by a wood burning stove. I cannot throw a can away, and refuse to subscribe to a newspaper.

On the other side of the coin, though, my dad and both brothers have a safe full of rifles and handguns, are members of the local shooting club, and taught me to shoot a little. I am addicted to Starbucks, and I have a spa. I am a yuppie-hippie-redneck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42