What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rule book  (Read 3025 times)

Slappy

Rule book
« on: November 02, 2006, 12:50:57 pm »
This is a post that was from way back. I keep reading new rules I never knew existed. Is there a book on this stuff somewhere?

"Pardon me, but is this your first tub of water?  Have you implemented the "30 day newbie rule?"

I guess, from what I can tell, you should dump your tub (if you are a new tubber) after 30 days. I have been running mine for about 2 months now. I suppose there is some merit to this comment.

Hot Tub Forum

Rule book
« on: November 02, 2006, 12:50:57 pm »

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
Re: Rule book
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:55:55 pm »
Is this premature water change due to the unbridled "excitement" of having a new tub?  Could account for higher TDS, if you're not careful!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:06:50 pm by Silent_Water »
...because integrity's the key

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 01:03:06 pm »
It's actually from Chas.  I think we refered to it as "Chas Law"  The term "law"  being an obversvation of a known phenomina, rather than a legal peice of legistlation.

More often than not, most folks tend to over due thier tub chemistry and after about 4 weeks, it was beyond bringing back, and Chas advice was to just dump it. He became pro-active about it and started letting folks know that although water care is very straight forward, don't be surprises to find that after a month, you need to dump it.

Yes, it's to your merit that  you are on your 2nd month.  :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:03:50 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 06:42:48 pm »
Heck it took me a LONG while to get past 45 days per water change ...

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:55:45 pm »
I made it to nearly 3 months, then last week, we didn't go in or do any sanitizing for a few days . . . HUGE stressful project (benefit concert) at work just got completed yesterday, and basically everything else had to be pushed aside for the last few days.

Saturday night took a peek and things had gotten pretty murky. So I did the first dump yesterday morning, filled and set it to heat, and by the time I got back from work at 10pm, I had the reward of a nice fresh tub.

Oh and we made some $$, had a great time, at the concert as well. Things are good in my world   8-)

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 05:14:53 pm »
i did not make it that long.
first time 4 weeks second time 6 weeks.
now i realy do anything to the water and it is great. less is better for me

tileman

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 06:00:22 pm »
i did not make it that long.
first time 4 weeks second time 6 weeks.
now i realy do anything to the water and it is great. less is better for me

Going on 3 weeks now and my water is as crystal clear as day 1. :) :) :)

:oI know 3 weeks big deal right. :o

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 07:21:52 pm »
Had to complete my first water change over today.  Water was murky last Friday I and sent a sample to the dealer for testing.  Came back at 1800 ppm (tds).   :o

Your not a full fledge tub owner until you've done your first dump and refill.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 08:07:47 pm »
Here is a quote from the Taylor site.  It is also in my Taylor 2005 Test Kit Manual.

"You should also use the dumping formula to determine the number of days between complete drainage:
no. of days = 1/3 volume in gallons ÷ maximum no. of daily bathers"

For us:
Change = (1/3 x 550) / 2
Change = 183 / 2
Change = 92 days

We have been following this formula since last Novemebr and it comes out pretty accurate.  I was told that I would eventually learn to know when a water change was required by the "feel" of the water.  Not only that, but the chemistry is harder to maintain.  After 92 days it is ready.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 06:01:32 am »
My first fill was two or three months before drain and refill.  I thought that I was doing great, until my first water change and understanding my tub and water. Knowing what I know now, I was due about a month and a half before I actually changed water.

Slappy

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 12:25:27 pm »
I'm still working with clean, clear water after my first ever fill in Mid Sept. I find it hard to believe it's still clean.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 12:25:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42