What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Hot Spring Experience  (Read 3923 times)

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
My Hot Spring Experience
« on: November 18, 2006, 07:58:25 pm »
Hey All

Long time lurker, 2nd time poster. Just thought I would relate my own experience with Hot Spring. 11 years ago, I bought a then two year old 1993 Prodigy from my best friend who had just purchased a new house with a bigger hot tub already installed in the deck. The only options the Prodigy had was an ozonator and a Sequoia Works Spa house mounted to the sides of the hot tub. In the eleven years I had the tub, it ran like a champ. I had to replace the thermostat on two occasions and a diverter (?) valve that had tighten up (but still worked ok).

Recently a tree fell on the tub. It demolished the spa house completely. The only damage to the Prodigy was a dent in the foam cover! I decided that I was ready for a new tub and am now waiting for delivery of a 2006 Envoy that is to be delivered this Wednesday. I know I will miss the Prodigy, but I am so exicted about moving up to an Envoy. From 7 jets to 39, a cover lift and SpaAudioII. Yes, I kinda went nuts on the new tub!

However, I can still visit the Prodigy since my brother convinced me to give it to him rather than try to sell it. We moved it to his house (about 50 miles away). After 13 years, the move was too much for the orginal heater element which gave out on the refill at his house. We got a new one from the dealer for about a hundred bucks and now she's hot, up and running in his backyard. (I am comforted that I know he will take care of her in her well earned retirement!)

By the way, after sitting on a treated wood platform for 11 years at my house, the skirting and underside of the Prodigy was in perfect condition underneath when we moved it to the truck. Remarkable cosidering this tub supported a redwood spa house its entire life.

I've also went kinda nuts on a new concrete patio for the Envoy. Once it get everything together, I will try to figure out how to post pictures on this board.

Rich :)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

My Hot Spring Experience
« on: November 18, 2006, 07:58:25 pm »

Spiderman

Re: My Hot Spring Experience
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:04:53 pm »
That's a great story about a great hot tub  :)   Enjoy your new Envoy!!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 pm »
I can see why you would want to stay with Hot Springs. That many years of service and still working well. Good luck with the next one  Rich :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 08:11:34 pm by galen »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 09:15:27 pm »
Thanks Spiderman and Galen

I think I make the dealer a little nervous because I've told him I fully expect the new Envoy to perform just like the Prodigy did.  He told me that the longest lasting heater element he had heard of was 15 years.  He said I definately "placed" at 13 years.  

BTW, my only source of water is a hand dug well (rawPH of 4.5, Alk 10ppm, Ca +425ppm, heavy iron and copper) so the Prodigy was always filled with softened water.  Until recently, I didn't realize I should be checking the Calcuim levels in the treated water. I just watched the PH and kept the bromide floater loaded.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 04:36:48 pm »
Not surprised by the story. Sold a Vanguard today off of the 1989 Prodigy running outside at the entrance to our store. Selling the Prodigy for $1,800.00, new cover, chemicals, delivered, anybody interested?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 05:14:17 pm »
pool boy
id like to see some pics of that thing.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 10:40:05 pm »
Pics would be great, just to compare with our 2006 Prodigy with a lot more jets than the older tub.  We love our tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 10:40:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42