What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Changes to the 07 Sundance line?  (Read 4631 times)

Takedown

Changes to the 07 Sundance line?
« on: November 10, 2006, 08:43:10 pm »
I'm getting ready to purchase a new hot tub, stopped by the local Sundance dealer and he showed me some good prices on the entire Sundance line that will hold through the end of the year.  He mentioned some of the 700 series tubs getting waterfalls in 07, but I'm interested in the 800 series, specifically the Cameo and Optima.  Are any of the Sundance dealers on the forum aware of any changes to these two models coming in 07?  I probably won't hold out unless it's a major change, but want to be aware nonetheless.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Changes to the 07 Sundance line?
« on: November 10, 2006, 08:43:10 pm »

RUBADUBDUB

Re: Changes to the 07 Sundance line?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 06:07:30 pm »
880 SERIES
New Fluidix adjustable neck jets.
Ipod docking port on stereo
In-home Spa Status Display (option)
StoneScapes skirt option on Optima \ Cameo (stone looking Cabinet)
Exterior Light Package. (option)

Most of the changes are to the 7 series for next 2007. Waterfalls for the 7 series are for 2007. New skirt colour MAHOGANY. Hope this helps!

Takedown

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:39:55 pm »
Thanks for the info!  Really the only thing on that list that interests me is the adjustable neck jets, can you elaborate on those at all?

Thanks!

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 08:57:21 pm »
The current 880 series has small, straight-shooting, adjustable position, adjustable flow neck jets.  If they go to a Fluidix that would probably mean that it would have all those same qualities, but the water coming out would have a back-and-forth motion to it instead of being "straight-shooting" like the current ones.  Certainly an upgrade, albeit a small one.  If you were offered a 2006 for a significantly less price than a 2007 I would jump all over it -- I wouldn't let the neck jets alone be a discriminator.
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Takedown

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 02:37:09 am »
Thanks!  The price on the Cameo / Optima is definitely a good one, $8300 with steps, lifter, cd ozonator, start up chemicals, delivery and no stereo.  The dealer mentioned that the 07 line will not be on sale and will most likely me 5%-7% above the current 06 price of $9500.  The other plus is they will hold the price into 07 with a $100 refundable deposit, since we won't be ready for the tub until Feb.  I guess we could put the deposit down then checkout the 07's when they come out.

Thanks again, this site rocks!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:21:01 pm by Takedown »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 12:15:52 pm »
Wow, $8300 is a great price for an Optima!  We paid $9400 for ours with a similar setup (including a CD ozonator), plus another $600 in sales tax here in Colorado Springs.   Where are you located?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:16:17 pm by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Takedown

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 12:21:50 pm »
I'm in Southern CA.

Oh yeah forgot about the ozonator, this dealer is adding that in as well.

Takedown

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 12:00:33 am »
Well, went for a wet test tonight of the Cameo...  I love it!  Honestly I can't think of anything that a hot tub should do better.  The lounger fit me well and the whirlpool jet for my lower back was amazing.  I get a real good feeling from the dealer, this definitely is the tub I want to purchase.  To top it all off I asked about pricing again and he said $8K wo stereo, 8.6K w stereo.  He also said since we won't be ready until late Jan that we will be able to get an 07 for that price.  I wasn't going to get the stereo, but since the 07 comes with a dock for the ipod/satellite radio I'm swinging back towards it.

I'm going to talk it over with the wife, convince her this is the one and then go in this weekend and put the $100 down, exciting :)

The only thing bad about this whole deal is I have to wait another 3 months to use the darn thing ;)

Thanks for your help!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 12:15:58 am »
Takedown, it will be worth it. There is a lot of good people on here that know these tubs like the back of their hand. The Dancers are well built. I have not had any trouble with the tub. The stereo went out right after I got it. But everything is fine now. I put the step lights on and remote control for the tub,and radio. I really like the lights by the steps. As for the remote, its nice not having to lean over the side to change the channel or adjust the volume. One thing I wish, is cup holders. Theres the flat place above the filter housing but thats on one side of the tub. I don't know what Sundance was thinking but there must be a reason for not molding them in.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:21:00 am by galen »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 01:06:30 pm »
 Although we sell Jacuzzi's, I can tell you that is a great price for a cameo and if hes doing it for an 07 it will be worth the wait.

Takedown

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 09:11:34 pm »
Well I pulled the trigger today, went in and signed for an 07 Cameo (put down a $100 fully refundable deposit), ozone, chemicals, cover, lifter, steps, delivery, and stereo for $8600, he's going to take off another $220 if we pay cash.  I think we did pretty well considering we'll be getting a brand new spa with the 07 improvements, right when we are ready for it!  

Thanks for everyones help!  I think these next 2-3 months are going to drag, dreaming about tubbing ;)

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 11:45:21 pm »
Just my opinion but I think you have a great deal.

tileman

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 12:42:51 am »
Well I pulled the trigger today, went in and signed for an 07 Cameo (put down a $100 fully refundable deposit), ozone, chemicals, cover, lifter, steps, delivery, and stereo for $8600, he's going to take off another $220 if we pay cash.  I think we did pretty well considering we'll be getting a brand new spa with the 07 improvements, right when we are ready for it!  

Thanks for everyones help!  I think these next 2-3 months are going to drag, dreaming about tubbing ;)

Congratulations Takedown!!!

I'm curious as to why you have to wait until Feburary.

Takedown

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 02:48:47 am »
Congratulations Takedown!!!

I'm curious as to why you have to wait until Feburary.

Thanks!  We are really excited!!!

We have to wait because we won't close on our house until Jan 9th, have to pour the slab and all that good stuff.  I figure probably by mid Feb we will be ready for it :)

Takedown

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 02:51:02 am »
Just my opinion but I think you have a great deal.

Thanks!!!  I think we did pretty good :)  I get a real good feeling from the dealer, they've been in business 22 years, and at this location for I think 9 years so they've got some history.  The salesman I'm working with is extremely friendly and helpful.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 02:51:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42