What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cooler water  (Read 7349 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Cooler water
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:12:39 am »
For TP, probably the truth is that air and water stratify and it needs to get moving - I'm sure that the water is cooler on the bottom of the tub than toward the top of the tub (heat rises), I think only 1 pump operates during filter mode in non circ pump tubs. As far as FF, the equipment bay is exposed to cold air and I guess if the heater doesn't kick on for a while you'll get cold water. A question I have though is ... Aren't circ pumps connected to all the other pumps via tubes - I know mine is. I'll have to see what happens next time I go in.
Vinnmeister,
On my LSX, the circ pump plumbing is completely separate from therapy pump plumbing.  I do not experience the cold water rush described in this thread...I'm assuming this is because of the TP insulation and heat generated by the circ pump. 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:12:39 am »

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 12:11:15 pm »
My tub doesn't support programmable cycles, it  has a 24 hr circ pump.  So I'll have to get use to the cool water.

i'm just surprised that FF tub insulation isn't better around the pipes.  I'll have to keep an eye on this when the outside temp really drops, especially when i'm away for a few days on business.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 06:40:51 pm »
For TP, probably the truth is that air and water stratify and it needs to get moving - I'm sure that the water is cooler on the bottom of the tub than toward the top of the tub (heat rises), I think only 1 pump operates during filter mode in non circ pump tubs. As far as FF, the equipment bay is exposed to cold air and I guess if the heater doesn't kick on for a while you'll get cold water. A question I have though is ... Aren't circ pumps connected to all the other pumps via tubes - I know mine is. I'll have to see what happens next time I go in.
Vinnmeister,
On my LSX, the circ pump plumbing is completely separate from therapy pump plumbing.  I do not experience the cold water rush described in this thread...I'm assuming this is because of the TP insulation and heat generated by the circ pump. 8-)

OK, maybe it's different on TP tubs or maybe Artesian has those tubes into the therapy pumps for warm water circulation when the pumps aren't on ... who knows!  :-[

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 06:46:44 pm »
sorry wes, it will happen to you too.  Anne, I think the one in 10 can best be explained by filtering times.  If your tub is filtering and stops and you go out, you should have hot water in the lines,  but if it has not filtered in sometime and you run the jets then I assume the water will be cooler.

Let me add, it is not freezing cold water going through the lines it is just cooler.  Wes, you really scare me sometimes.  I hope you never try and offer me coolaid

tileman

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 06:55:45 pm »
Vinnmeister,

My tub is ff and no cold shot for me as stated in a previous post. Therefore, I don't think it really matters what you have.

anne

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 09:26:38 pm »
sorry wes, it will happen to you too.  Anne, I think the one in 10 can best be explained by filtering times.  If your tub is filtering and stops and you go out, you should have hot water in the lines,  but if it has not filtered in sometime and you run the jets then I assume the water will be cooler.

Let me add, it is not freezing cold water going through the lines it is just cooler.  Wes, you really scare me sometimes.  I hope you never try and offer me coolaid

Yep, bet you are right.... and -duh- I realized that the seat I like best for therapy is the farthest from the control panel. I spend as much time there as the other seats combined. So at least 1/2 the time I turn on jets there is a 2-3 second delay between turning them on and sitting in the seat. Bet that is long enough for any cool water to get pushed out.  
Dance like nobody's watching

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 10:01:26 pm »

Hey bosco, I was just asking out loud why this may be happening. I didn't say there was anything wrong with your unit. Now that you have addressed the issue with your theory, it makes sense. Thanks and I'll take off my mask the next time!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 10:07:16 pm »
no worries didnt take any offence to it

wesj53

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 10:58:00 am »
Ok gang, the morning after! My wife and I finally christened our Tundra last night and while we were going to spend a 1/2 hour in it, we "pruned-out" after 1 hour! The experience was delightful understanding this was our first ever spa. The temps were in the high 20's here in suburban Chicago so the contrast between air and water was quite extreme.

Some first time observations and critiques (as I have always promised to be fair and honest in my assessment of Arctic's products):

- The water temp I set at 100 was a bit too low for my wife, so I'll jack it up to 102 for tonight.
- The seventh seat (the high cooldown) is definitely a warmer weather seat; too far out of the water for extended periods in below freezing temps
- The side hip jets were too weak with the supplied jet head so I will replace it with directional ones instead of the rotational ones. Ditto for the thigh jets as well.
- Every seat of the six have a variety of feels and work on different parts of the body. The large 5" jets with their variety of patterns really works the neck, shoulders, and back beautifully.

Overall, a great first experience and look forward to future soaks for further evaluation.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 11:02:25 am »
wes sounds great.  I love how each seat targets you differently.  You wait, in a few months, you will just go in and enjoy the hot water.  My wife and I dont even use jets anymore, we love the peace and quiet.  It makes you forget about a 3 year old and 3 month old for 30 min. a night in the quiet.  

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  

Well we do have child monitors out there just in case, but it is kind of like being alone.

wesj53

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 11:04:42 am »
Gee, I forgot the original reason for adding to this thread - the cool water issue. I did notice a brief moment (about a second) when some cooler water was expelled. I agree with bosco and his explanation. Actually, the "cool" water is probably still warm but compared to the temps in the spa, it feels cool. Not an issue at all for Arctic or any other mfg for that matter.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 11:06:31 am »
wow, I gave sound information???????????????????? ;D ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 07:56:37 am »
Ok gang, the morning after! My wife and I finally christened our Tundra last night and while we were going to spend a 1/2 hour in it, we "pruned-out" after 1 hour! The experience was delightful understanding this was our first ever spa. The temps were in the high 20's here in suburban Chicago so the contrast between air and water was quite extreme.

Some first time observations and critiques (as I have always promised to be fair and honest in my assessment of Arctic's products):

- The water temp I set at 100 was a bit too low for my wife, so I'll jack it up to 102 for tonight.
- The seventh seat (the high cooldown) is definitely a warmer weather seat; too far out of the water for extended periods in below freezing temps
- The side hip jets were too weak with the supplied jet head so I will replace it with directional ones instead of the rotational ones. Ditto for the thigh jets as well.
- Every seat of the six have a variety of feels and work on different parts of the body. The large 5" jets with their variety of patterns really works the neck, shoulders, and back beautifully.

Overall, a great first experience and look forward to future soaks for further evaluation.

Before you undertake changing of the jets, make sure that the jets are on full. The ring usually controls that function. Also, from my non-Arctic experience - the rotating and stationary jets sometimes are the same. I have some jets that are the same size but some rotate and some don't. They look the same and the rotating jets can even stop rotating if I want them to but the feel is the same other than the rotating feeling. I do know that there are different rotating jets that fit certain size bodies in the Waterway jets.

Water temp makes all the difference to me. My wife likes cooler water and I tried it once in the summer at 99 but it was too cool for my liking. We're starting to get frost here so I'll be jacking that temp to 102 too.

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 07:57:00 am by Vinny »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 05:22:04 pm »
i get cold water too. but what is the point?
I turn it on and it is warm i 2 sec.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 05:39:59 pm »
My Epic also will have a flash of cool water when the #2 pump is turned on in the cold weather...the #1 is the filtration pump and also the temperature monitor so it doesn't seem to cool as much.

Now I will tell you from a woman's perspective, (as noted by others, we often like cooler water)...I actually save that for near the end of my soak...if I am in alone, I will not use that pump until I ready to come out of the tub. That little blast of cooler water is actually refreshing...so how's that for a twist? :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 05:39:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42