What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: For wesj53-Arctic  (Read 4003 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
For wesj53-Arctic
« on: November 12, 2006, 11:30:10 am »
Wes,
I went to the Arctic dealer in Libertyville yesterday. They were very helpful and seemed knowledgable.
I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving in the next hour or so to wet-test.
What model Tundra did you get? I'm looking at a Tundra Ultra for what I'm thinking is an outstanding price. If you don't mind giving me a ball park figure I would appreciate it.
If anybody else has any input I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Skellman.
PS-You mentioned you're near Loo'ville. I miss going to the Kentuky Derby. Made it ten years in a row back in the 90's. Talk about a wild ride!

Hot Tub Forum

For wesj53-Arctic
« on: November 12, 2006, 11:30:10 am »

anne

Re: For wesj53-Arctic
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 01:43:31 pm »
I'm not Wes, but I'm pretty darned sure that he got the Tundra Legend SE (top-o-the-line) which comes with Peak ozone. therapy air, all the bells and whistles. I cannot remember if he said what he paid- I'd leave that to him anyway, as it is a bit more personal. I have the Summit Legend with Arctic Ozone and the therapy air, forever floor, wrap around steps. The price I paid is not going to be that helpful to you as I am in CA and it was a 2005 floor model.
Dance like nobody's watching

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 03:26:47 pm »
Thank you for the response Anne. I was quoted around $8400.00 for a Tundra Ultra that is on it's way from the factory. So, it's a brand new 06 according to them. Includes start-up chems, cover, lifter, delivery. Basically everything but steps.

Whoops, they just called and knocked another $400.00 off which puts it at 7995.00. However, I need to at least put money down today as the reps from Canada are leaving today.
What to do? :-/

anne

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 03:45:30 pm »
That *sounds* like a good price to me, but I really dont know enough about the different levels of their tubs to know what the differential pricing should be from Ultra to Legend to Legend Extreme. My tub was $8100 with all that I listed, as a floor model. I think the price was also reduced as my "dealer" wanted to get rid of it......he's not selling Arctics anymore, and in hindsight, I think mine was the last tub he was trying to get off his hands to bail out! (No criticism of Arctic here, except that maybe they should not have let this bozo represent them. Now he sells Phoenix.) (Was that just too much info????? Sorry!) Did you wet test? Dont buy without doing that. Also, I dont think you should feel rushed by anything. Reps from Canada are leaving today? So what? Credit cards work all over the world......make the decision on YOUR time table.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:49:24 pm by anne »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 05:07:44 pm »
Thank you for the response Anne. I was quoted around $8400.00 for a Tundra Ultra that is on it's way from the factory. So, it's a brand new 06 according to them. Includes start-up chems, cover, lifter, delivery. Basically everything but steps.

Whoops, they just called and knocked another $400.00 off which puts it at 7995.00. However, I need to at least put money down today as the reps from Canada are leaving today.
What to do? :-/

I'm not Wes either but that sounds like a good price, make sure you test it first though, don't let them push you into a tub that is not comfortble to you. And wet test a few others to compare it to because it may be comfortable but there may be another model or even another brand that is more comfortable.
Retired

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 05:35:08 pm »
that is an amazing price.  I purchased an 05 tundra signature series which is lower end then the one you are looking at for more than that price.  So I would say great deal where do I sign.  Let me know how that goes, honestly that seems incredible.

anne

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 01:35:37 am »
I thought it went ultra --> signature --> legend --> Legend extreme?  :-?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 05:35:17 pm »
my bad!!!! Sorry read post wrong. That is still a really good price for the ultra.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:23:43 pm »
Sorry skellman for this tardy response but I was out of town this past weekend and had a busy 2 days back to work. Plus, this thread got "buried" so your request didn't catch my immediate attention. To answer your question in more detail I will PM you, but I believe your price to be comparable to the one I received for my Legend SE unit based on the Arctic MSRP price schedule. But I paid a thousand more for options I ordered such as the stainless jet covers, the 5" cover, the deluxe northern light package (with strobe effects that the kids like), the 3 tier steps, the hydraulic assisted cover lift 3, the delivery and setup, and the chem kit.

And by the way, I was referring to L'vile as Libertyville, not Louisville as I live in the western suburbs. I'm not a big horse racing fan so when I go away, I go north to WI for clean air, clear lakes, and no traffic! By the way, all the folks at the dealer are very nice and have been quite helpful to me thus far.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 05:27:32 am »
when I go away, I go north to WI for clean air, clear lakes, and no traffic! By the way, all the folks at the dealer are very nice and have been quite helpful to me thus far.

Your ever way up in Northern WS. you let me know, Superior is right across the bridge. Deer opener in WS this weekend.
Retired

wesj53

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 11:41:49 am »
To kill Bambi? Really Roger, that's cruel! (I know - spoken like a true urbanite!)

Tom

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 01:12:49 pm »
To kill Bambi? Really Roger, that's cruel! (I know - spoken like a true urbanite!)

Some friends of ours raised a pig for pork.  They became concerned when their young children named it Jasper and became attached to it.  Fearing that the kids would be devastated when it came time for Jasper to meet his destined end, they carefully explained that eventually Jasper would wind up as neat little packages in their freezer.  

They needn't have worried.  At the first pork supper, their five year old son took a mouthful and announced, "Ol' Jasper tastes real good!"

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 05:05:09 pm »

Ummm......theres no bambis here, just big ole fat 10-12 point bucks waitin to be thinned out to help with our auto insurance rates. Venison sausage and jerky....yummy, and don't foget about that tender juicy loin.
Retired

wesj53

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 11:18:43 am »
To be honest, Roger, I'm with Tom on this. I'd rather feast over a nice piece of pork. But having run into a deer once around our lake place, I know what you're talking about thinning out the crowds! And insurance agents like me love to hear about ways of reducing claims! When is your week in MN to go out and slaughter these poor, innocent, and defenseless creatures of God?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 11:55:55 am »
Deer have become overabundant in these and many areas.  It is certainly more humane to hunt than to have them starve.  This from a non hunter!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 11:55:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42