What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Only 5 months to go  (Read 3166 times)

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
Only 5 months to go
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:58:01 pm »
        It is now only 5 months till I get a new spa.  :D Anyone who saw my other post(Can't wait six months) would know why. Went out this Sunday with the wife and 3 kids(ages 6, 9 & 12) to do some wet testing. First we tested the Caldera Aspire. Loved it!! The seating was very comfortable, the jest felt great. The kids loved the waterfall, wife liked the lights and stereo. I was quite supprized how much leg room there was for only a 7 ft tub. The dealer actually came and opened up the store for me  ;D I called on Friday to see if they were open on Sunday.
      Next it was off to the Sundance dealer to check out the Bahia and Optima. They just got those two set up last week to wet test. I was hopeing to like them but was disapointed. :-[ Both were too deep for my wife(could not rest arms on top of spa). I felt like the seating were too reclined. Jets were very nice but the seating just felt uncomfortable.
       So I guess it will be the Aspire. Now I have to design and build the deck to put it on.

By the way, I was given a price of $7790 which includes cover, start up chems and delivery/setup. They told me they will wave the sales tax because I plan on paying cash.

Hot Tub Forum

Only 5 months to go
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:58:01 pm »

mcmishka

Re: Only 5 months to go
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 01:03:48 am »
Hi Putt,
5 months that is a longggggg time.  We have the Caldera Tahitian and we like it a lot.  We have had it for 2.5 weeks.  I reallyyyyyyy wanted to try the Caldera Aspire and I called every dealer in the area and no one had a wet one we could test.  I would have bought that one without testing.  Husband wanted a lounger.  I think the Tahitian and Aspire are similar except the Aspire has a radio and 4 corner seats.  The Tahitian has a lounger and air jets.  I like the air jets.  The stereo will be great.  Good luck.
                                              Mcmishka

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:27:17 am »
That's great!! Congrats on picking a spa.  Hope the wait isn't too unbearable. :D

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your decision.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:14:54 am »
Hi Putt,
5 months that is a longggggg time.  We have the Caldera Tahitian and we like it a lot.  We have had it for 2.5 weeks.  I reallyyyyyyy wanted to try the Caldera Aspire and I called every dealer in the area and no one had a wet one we could test.  I would have bought that one without testing.  Husband wanted a lounger.  I think the Tahitian and Aspire are similar except the Aspire has a radio and 4 corner seats.  The Tahitian has a lounger and air jets.  I like the air jets.  The stereo will be great.  Good luck.
                                              Mcmishka

The dealer had a Mood Room to test the Aspire. It was nice to shut off the lights in the room and sit in total darkness then turn the lights on in the spa. You could really see how they light it up. They also had the Tahitian to test in the showroom. We checked it out but neither my wife or myself liked the lounger at all.
      We really wanted a stereo and no lounger so the Aspire was the only one

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 09:03:14 am »
Welcome!   And speaking of welcome, we will welcome hearing about the delivery process, the setup and first days.  

BTW, while I hate to 3 putt, the 2 things I hate worse is hitting  a 300+ yard drive and duffing the 2nd shot,  or the only time I usually duff a t-shot is on a par 5.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:25 am »
Welcome!   And speaking of welcome, we will welcome hearing about the delivery process, the setup and first days.  

BTW, while I hate to 3 putt, the 2 things I hate worse is hitting  a 300+ yard drive and duffing the 2nd shot,  or the only time I usually duff a t-shot is on a par 5.

You can not think of it as a duff on a par 5, you just have to say you hit your 3rd shot first.   ;)

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 05:47:17 pm »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but...5 months???  Where is it coming from, Uganda?

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 03:35:27 am »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but...5 months???  Where is it coming from, Uganda?

I will be getting a wotk bonus then which will be more then enough for the spa and the deck I will add on to my new deck.

It will be on the other side of railing

Veiw from future spa.

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:35:38 am »
Beautiful setup H!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:05 am »
Hey put,

Looking good. So, is the plan to purchase the tub in 5 mo (Feb) and then get it deliveryed say late march? Or for some strange reason, are you planning on getting the tub delivered an installed in the middle of Feb?

IS the deck all set for the tub?

You now, if that bonus was a sure thing,  I'd find one of those  6 months no payment, no interets deals with a dealer or credit card.  ;) You could be soaking on Christmas or Chanukah  (pronouced "Ch-nu-keee" for all you godless heathens) if you were ready to go and the bonus was already a done deal, and just waiting for the fiscal quater or year to end.  :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:39:00 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 09:04:13 pm »
Hey put,

Looking good. So, is the plan to purchase the tub in 5 mo (Feb) and then get it deliveryed say late march? Or for some strange reason, are you planning on getting the tub delivered an installed in the middle of Feb?

IS the deck all set for the tub?

You now, if that bonus was a sure thing,  I'd find one of those  6 months no payment, no interets deals with a dealer or credit card.  ;) You could be soaking on Christmas or Chanukah  (pronouced "Ch-nu-keee" for all you godless heathens) if you were ready to go and the bonus was already a done deal, and just waiting for the fiscal quater or year to end.  :D

Last I looked 5 months from now is April ;)

I need to build the deck for it. I could build it now but then no Christmas for the kids. :-[

The dealer will take $500 off if I do not finance.

I plan on building it in March and get the tub in April when my money comes in.(it is a sure thing) It willl ook like my dinning area but without the roof.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 09:04:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42