What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Adding Water  (Read 6231 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Adding Water
« on: November 17, 2006, 02:11:14 am »
Just a quick question.  Some water has evaporated from my tub.  Is it best to add through the filter pipe with a hose, or can I just add with a 5 gallon bucket?  It would be easier getting it from the kitchen sink rather than draging a hose to my patio.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Adding Water
« on: November 17, 2006, 02:11:14 am »

tileman

Re: Adding Water
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 05:47:51 am »
Just a quick question.  Some water has evaporated from my tub.  Is it best to add through the filter pipe with a hose, or can I just add with a 5 gallon bucket?  It would be easier getting it from the kitchen sink rather than draging a hose to my patio.

Thanks

It's perfectly fine to use a bucket for adding small amouts of water. Just don't do it this way when refilling the whole thing obviuosly. :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 06:26:45 am »
i use a hose it is so much easer than running around with a bucket

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 07:17:39 am »
Pa Lady, I also would use the hose method, but be sure that you flush the hose first, especially if it has been laying on the ground or rolled up somewhere. I keep a short piece of hose just specifically for filling my tub and I am careful to drain it so water can't lay inside and potentially add contamination to my tub. When you refill your tub, you probably have flushed the hose many times while cleaning...but when you just refill, you may be inclined to just throw the hose in and turn on the water.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 07:38:37 am »
 My outside water is shut off for the winter, so for me it's schlepping 5 gallon buckets from inside.  Not too big of a deal, but less convenient than the garden hose.

Do whatever is easiest- your adding a pretty small amount of water so you won't affect your spa all that much.

Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:03:53 am »
The reason for fill through the filter well is to ensure that there are no air bubbles in the lines  that would create and airlock, or the annoying gurrgling.  If the wataer level isn't too low, then adding a water via the bucket method is fine. In fact like good ol' Brewman, I too have the outside water off in the winter and if I add or do a partial drain in the winter, I'm hauling 5 gallon buckets out.   IF you felt that there was a chance of creating an airlock, then maybe dumping the water into filter well might help?

One year, I did leave my garden hose outside, and the temps were above freezing for a day, so  I figured I could turn the water to the hose for a while and fill the tub that way. Wrong.   There was residual water left in the coiled up hose, and although I felt it was safe to turn the spigot on, the hose was frozen and useless.  :P

I think it would be perfect it there was a inside sink nearby the hot tub, where you could attatch an adapter to the sink faucet (folks who have water beds know what I am talking about),  and run a hose from the sink to the tub.  The only thing is bringing that wet hose back into the house and making sure it's drained so that it doesn't freeze if you are storing outside (Garage or shed), or if inside, just coil the hose and connect the ends to eachother so no remaining water leaks out onto your floors.

If I could design the perfect set up for my tub, inside near the exit to the hot tub, in adition to having a changing - robe -towell hamper area,  I'd have a utility closet with a sink, drain, hand sprayer and cabinets.  :)   just something to think abot for the folks who are laying out thier hot tub plans, and have the resources to do so.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:03:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42