What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jetsetter Owners - Drain Question  (Read 4428 times)

Webini

Jetsetter Owners - Drain Question
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:28:46 am »
Owners of a recent vintage HS Jetsetter, how long does it take for you to drain your tub using the drain provided?

I've got to do a drain and fill for the first time soon and it will take forever to fill from my well.  So I'm trying to get an idea of how long the draining process takes.  I will be attaching a garden hose to the drain fitting and letting it rip.  The only reason for the hose is to have the water exit into the woods.

Hot Tub Forum

Jetsetter Owners - Drain Question
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:28:46 am »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Jetsetter Owners - Drain Question
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:47:07 am »
When you let it rip, stand clear, the rush of water could cause harm, to a blade of grass. It will take about 4 hours to drain.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 06:48:36 pm »
I use a sump pump and it takes maybe a half hour.

Spiderman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 09:31:09 am »
Not sure how old your "vintage" Jetsetter is, but our '06 took about an hour or two to drain, if i recall correctly, and another 45 minutes to fill.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 09:56:41 am »
I can drain a Jetsetter in about 1.5 hours with just the hose and in 10 minutes flat with the sump pump.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 11:00:04 am »
I have an Envoy, so I've got more water to drain, but my tub takes FOREVER (4+ hours).  I have no slope at all to help the gravity thing pull the water out faster and it takes its own sweet time.  However, if I use a thicker hose and get a syphon with the jets at the beginning I can cut my time in 1/2 if not more.  My biggest thing is getting the kids not to pull that hose out of the tub.   :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 11:02:27 am »
If I am in a hurry, I use a pump like the one shown below. I like it because it is not super fast like my big pool-draining pump so I can control where the water goes. In fact I use the water to wash a truck or water the shrubs. Keep in mind that if you are using Dichlor, and if you haven't added it in the past 24 hours, the water in your tub is most likely better than your tap water - use it in the yard.

If I am in a big hurry, I pull out the big gun, but I have to run a pool vac hose out to the street or I'll cause flooding in the yard.

If you don't want to buy a pump, just run more hoses. The built in drain is nice, but not real fast. If speed is important to you but you still don't want to buy a pump, just put the hoses over the side of the tub and start a siphon. When I change water at home I do this: I have four regular garden hoses, and I put them over the side. 500 gallons in about 20 minutes give or take.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Webini

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:59:39 am »
Thanks all!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:59:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42