What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Selling Floor models  (Read 2015 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Selling Floor models
« on: November 15, 2006, 11:40:54 am »
Well, I sold my first floor model the other day. I have sold three or four other spas to folks who came in on our 'floor model clearance' ads but chose to pay full pop to get a different color, get the spa sooner or whatever.

Works for me.

Are you folks seeing year-end sales popping up yet? I don't usually start mine until December, and HotSpring doesn't usually get the new tubs out until February, but this year seems to be different.

For example, I debated about replacing the display Jetsetter or leaving the space empty until I can get a 2007 model next year. Surprise: I have a 2007 Jetsetter on order to pick up this Monday, along with three other tubs. Usually they are selling out on the current year's tubs and making a big deal about which models and colors are going fast, and which models they only have ten left etc. In fact, I got four last week, one of which was the new Aria - a 2007 tub.

So - what's happening in the local market for you dealers and you spa owners who still drop in on your dealers from time to time?

And do you dealers see a bit of an up-tick in sales? I attribute it to the election, but who knows?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Selling Floor models
« on: November 15, 2006, 11:40:54 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Selling Floor models
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:47:27 am »
We don't have the same selling cycle as you Chas but most dealers are currently offering reduced pricing on '06 models and have been since mid Sept. For a somewhat slow year overall, this fall has proven to be a positive one here for most dealers.

I've heard that N America saw a 5-15% decline in spa sales overall. 2007 is looking to be much better from what I've read. We'll see...

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:22:17 pm »
I've started getting busy again in the last week.  It's starting to get a little chillier down here and folks are getting in the hot tub mood.  Overall, this has been a dynamically steady year, especially considering we completely shut down and moved 2 stores to new locations (which is already paying off).

I believe we've already qualified for the Athens trip and should make the Silver Club.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:22:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42