What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I guess I was due  (Read 3430 times)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
I guess I was due
« on: November 13, 2006, 07:54:54 pm »
Noticed the circ pump on my jacuzzi was getting noisy, could hear and feel a vibration. Called the dealer, the service manager asked me to kill power, take the filters out and try it. I have recently changed water and put in clean filters but he was making an effort to save me (and him) a service call. Tried it, still noisy. Pumps are under warranty (not counting the $25.00 trip charge), I just didn't want to have to do another water change so soon. I've been lucky with the tub, guess you have to have a problem at some point.

Hot Tub Forum

I guess I was due
« on: November 13, 2006, 07:54:54 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: I guess I was due
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 08:13:54 pm »
I assume you bought it from All-Seasons?  I'll look forward to hearing about how their service is.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:18:15 pm »
Why would you have to change out the water for a noisy circ pump?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 08:25:24 pm »
I assume it has to be emptied, hence the water change. I suppose there may be shut off valves.

Bill, I did have them out before when one of the air injector buttons failed. They were quick and left me a bottle of bromine pucks for the bother since the tub was new and waived the trip charge. They have been helpful on the phone when I had questions so I've been happy so far. Let's hope it stays that way.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 08:28:46 pm »
Nice people out there. They started carrying my Dynasty filters after the local dealer went under.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:31:52 pm »
Nice people out there. They started carrying my Dynasty filters after the local dealer went under.

Nice AND smart.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 08:58:33 pm »
How old is your tub?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:23:31 pm »
Just about 2.5 years old.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:29:03 pm »

They advertise in our FOP newsletter and give $400.00 off with the ad. I didn't produce the ad until after I made the deal and they did take the $$ off. I didn't find this forum until after my purchase or I would have done more wet testing and probably approached the purchase differently.

There was a tub shop in Gahanna (Stoneridge Plaza), but when I went in they had new tubs torn apart to get parts for customers tubs. Really looked like a poorly run operation so I didn't go back. They are out of business now, not sure if that's the dealer you're speaking of.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 07:45:02 am »
When my circ pump was replaced last year, all the tech did was to use a couple  clamps to pinch off the hoses running into and out of the pump.  Water loss was maybe a pint or two at the very most.  
 Ask the tech if you really need to dump your water.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:45:21 am by Brewman »
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 11:08:56 am »

Nice AND smart.

your right, if I was in the market today, it would be my first visit.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 01:02:54 pm »

They advertise in our FOP newsletter and give $400.00 off with the ad. I didn't produce the ad until after I made the deal and they did take the $$ off. I didn't find this forum until after my purchase or I would have done more wet testing and probably approached the purchase differently.

There was a tub shop in Gahanna (Stoneridge Plaza), but when I went in they had new tubs torn apart to get parts for customers tubs. Really looked like a poorly run operation so I didn't go back. They are out of business now, not sure if that's the dealer you're speaking of.

I believe that was an LASpas dealer. That didn't work out and LAspas opened another store further north on Hamilton. (I haven't made it to check it out)   I work out west so I stop at Allseasons (jacuzzi/Sundance) and Scioto Valley (Hot Springs/Cal Spas) for supplies frequently. The closest store to my house is the guys with the pink truck that use to be Master Spa, now they carry QCA.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 01:31:38 pm »
I wasn't aware there was another shop opened on Hamilton, I'll have to stop up there. I just placed a call for service, they took a credit card # for the trip charge over the phone. I don't care for the whole trip charge practice especially since it's where I bought the tub from.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 02:03:05 pm »
FYI- MJB on here is one of their salespeople. Top dog perhaps?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 02:38:53 pm »
 I think the trip charge is BS not sure why they are doing that.

Its most likely a store policy and if thats the case I wouldnt have bought the spa from them.   If they even brought it up when you purchased.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 02:38:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42